Courtesy Cars - Best, Worst, Most Recent

gary_a4_quattro

Reaction score
Thought it'd be interest ing to see / hear other members loaners..... the good, the bad and the ugly !

As my car was in for some warranty work at Birmingham Audi ( the usual suspect swirl / runner flap issue and a glow plug ) Had the car below as a loaner, 17 plate A4 2.0tdi .
When I arrived at the showroom to drop mine off and collect the courtesy car, there was an R8 right outside the showroom, thought " that'll do " ;) unsurprisingly though, the service guy brought round this A4 2.0 tdi 17 plate in white

IMG 6772

Very accomplished drive, just rather uninspiring sadly, think the dash is the big divider really, the switch gear and lighting is more contemporary than my B8, but I gotta ask who thought it was a good design move to plonk the media screen, sticking up in the middle of the dash like that ?!?!

What's been your your best, worst or most recent ?

Audi Assist replacement due to failed gearbox on my S3 was this for 2 weeks.
6e68975b49c2065dc14afd357be2a0f4.png

Then further related issue meant the dealer has given me this, which is currently parked outside.
b5a40b6b240e0e58cbd32587d39dd4e6.jpg

Can't fault or complain about either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: THQuattro, JRock247 and gary_a4_quattro
Had a 17 plate A5 Quattro with ALL the toys on it the other day when my A4 went in for it's cambelt/water pump change. Loved every minute in it!

2017 09 06 164010

Car is going back next Tue for some additional work, so hoping to get the same if not an A4 equivalent.

Worst car I had from Audi....... a VW Polo! WTF I said when I got it and have made sure ever since, that I do NOT get it again!!!

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro and BarryG79
I'm sure they provide an upgrade to your own car and nicely specced to boot in most cases to 'sow the seeds of change' !?!

Oh I'm sure they do but don't know what they were thinking with the Polo.....seeds were most certainly not sown that time!

Bit different for me as mine's a b6 but Audi loaned me the lowest spec A1 even though I said I would like something with a bit of room like my A4 :frown: must of thought I was a bum and wouldn't buy any of their fancy cars/shouldn't be trusted with one (kind of true, but that's not the point! :playful:).

Reactions: SteveMcB and gary_a4_quattro
My worst experience of courtesy cars was about twenty years ago, not with Audi but with a Vauxhall dealer. I think I'd die of shame if I revealed what the car was, but when I put it in for some warranty work, their idea of customer service was a £10 per day rental.

I'm sure they provide an upgrade to your own car and nicely specced to boot in most cases to 'sow the seeds of change' !?!
Not sure about this! My 15 plate S4 Avant went in for a replacement cat under warranty and I was given a very low mileage 17 plate Q2. It was interesting as it was a new model, but less than inspiring.

I had this badboy (pre A4) when my 306 had to have some work done.
proton_2003_wira_hatch.jpg

:rockwoot:

Reactions: scotty76, gary_a4_quattro and JRock247
No pics but worst is a 1.4 mk3 Astra.
Most recent Audi a3 tdi 65 plate.
Best 63 plate Mercedes e220

Fully loaded S5 for the day when my S3 went in for an oil change was not to shabby
IMG 1497
IMG 1502

neither was the TTS weekend long loan I had

IMG 0290

When my B8 S4 went in for a gear box service I got given a fully loaded A5 s line BE coupe (2016)
When my 1.8t a3 Quattro sport 8l went in for bodywork corrosion warranty work I got given a Citroen c2...

Only 2 I've had

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro
IMG 0627
IMG 0651

Had these 2 when my a3 went in for abs update

I'm still waiting for the day when they give me an 'S' model, something like an S3/S4 would be great to try out but I take it Audi only offer these to customers who already own an 'S' model vehicle, going by the posts above?

I had a courtesy car from my insurance company.

In 2014 when private taxi driver decided to collide with rear of my A4 B7, I got 10 plate C class as a adequate in size to my car.
It was fun to drive as wasn't particularly careful on speed bumps or with speed either.

Had it for a month and it was uncomfortable all this time.
Seats in Merc's are shorter and smaller, somehow.
Even my wife said, it isn't as comfortable as our A4 was.

Otherwise, great car that was

I'm having a 1.25l auto Kia Picanto in replacement for my tuned S5 whilst it has some dents removed... Fortunately, they're only expecting the car to be gone a few days.

Reactions: Lavis89 and gary_a4_quattro
I'm having a 1.25l auto Kia Picanto in replacement for my tuned S5 whilst it has some dents removed... Fortunately, they're only expecting the car to be gone a few days.
They're doing you a favour; last thing you want is a loaner that's better than your own car! :)

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro, Terminator x and arad85
The fiesta I had booked was not yet returned to Berlin Tegel airport, had to have an upgrade.

1053502b1510e6daf14adffcedefe597.jpg

e5f4b0fc18ec40c4c358207e39632fad.jpg

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro, KrisKrk and DieselJake
Brilliant upgrade

I don't have any pictures, but when I had a Peugeot 508 2L HDi I took it in for a recall adjustment and was provided very kindly with a Peugeot 108...

Think that was what made me decide to move on from Peugeot...!

Reactions: DieselJake and gary_a4_quattro
When my RS3 was in for top mount warranty work they loaned me an old A3 diesel! It was horrific and not even clean. Funnily enough I've not been back to them :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting for the day when they give me an 'S' model, something like an S3/S4 would be great to try out but I take it Audi only offer these to customers who already own an 'S' model vehicle, going by the posts above?

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, I certainly will next time !

Reactions: JRock247
I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, I certainly will next time !

I always ask for something better when booking in for a service etc. Try the line "I'm thinking of buying ............ as my next car this would be a good chance to road test one". Just give them plenty notice to arrange and call to confirm the day before. Don't always work, but if you don't ask!

Reactions: JRock247 and gary_a4_quattro
Just rang Audi as my car is going in on Tuesday for some work and put in my request for an S3 or S4, so we shall see what the come up with.

I usually always end up with a diesel, a nice diesel but a diesel non the less.

Reactions: BarryG79
When my S4 was in for servicing this June, I got this 67 mile TT as a service loan car

rRoMwpDl.jpg

Pity they managed to damage my car while it was in for the service

Got this A4 Avant while they tried to fix the wheel before they replaced the wheel with a new £800 one

6APOR71l.jpg

Wish I'd drove 'em both like I'd stole 'em now ...

I made the request and it came through!

Managed to get myself an S3 for the couple for days while my car is in for some work.

Certainly not the colour I would have selected but beats another diesel any day! Have been having LOTS of fun just wish it was the manual version.

Upload 2017 9 19 11 12 15

(Stock photo as not had a chance to take a photo yet)

I meant a 'proper' manual :)

Not the same using the paddles, miss engaging the clutch and selecting gears myself, instead of button pressing but still puts a massive smile on my face every time I mash the loud pedal.

Mine is going in on Monday, hopefully they can be encouraged to give me something decent... over the phone he said they only have A models... :(

I meant a 'proper' manual :)

Not the same using the paddles, miss engaging the clutch and selecting gears myself, instead of button pressing but still puts a massive smile on my face every time I mash the loud pedal.
It's better than nowt though ;)

Stick it in manual (push stick to left when in D) and use the paddles (or use the sequential shift on the gear lever). You also know about S mode don't you?

Where does the clutch pedal pop out from?

Reactions: JRock247
0-60 in... minutes. And auto with some form of slush box and 80 something hp you get no sense of any power at all..

Hopefully get mine back at 4pm...