Courtesy car ...

S3RYE

Interior Next!!
Reaction score
So my S3 had a really squeaky drivers seat! it went in twice to be sorted and audi came to a conclusion they would need my car for a couple of days to replace the seat base...

to cut a long story short... they have given me an 09 a4 estate 3.0tdi!!! fully loaded! and i just so happen to be driving a fairly big journey this weekend!

now... im 21 so this sort of car is not really my cup of tea but i gotta say im well impressed! i cant get over how much torque it has. im not joking.... it feels faster than my car from 30-80 maybe its just me but im sort of worried that when i get my baby back it wont feel that fast :( :s3addict:

The 3.0tdi is quicker on paper mid range, and from sitting behind an A5 3.0TDIQ and a new S3 on the A64, i could see the A5 leaving the S3 quite easily on a >30mph rolling start. (both driving by colleagues at work)

Audi are good at given some cool cars out as courtesy cars.

I,ve had S3's and 3.0tdi A6 avants.

When I used to do a few part deliveries, I used to take the bosses A6 3.0tdiQ Le mans edition. Very rapid and midrange put most so called performance cars to shame. Its just got relentless pull.

Fasted parts deliveries in the west!!:lmfao:

Nice! Wish I can get a courtesy car! Won't give it to people under 21 :(
Can't wait till the end of the year then I might get a decent courtesy car to use lol.

:hubbahubba:last time i had a courtesy car it was a q7 3.0 tdi great car

also had a 2.0 tdi cabriolet a3 didnt like that though

Nice! Wish I can get a courtesy car! Won't give it to people under 21 :(
Can't wait till the end of the year then I might get a decent courtesy car to use lol.

My dealership gave me one when I was 19. They are massively negligent though

The Diesel may 'feel' quicker - but it isn't.

Maybe if the S3 driver is in the wrong gear - but looking at the Autocar figures the S3 is quicker than A5 3.0TDI 0-60, 30-70, 30-50, 50-70, 0-100 etc in every gear.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/RoadTestsData/Audi-A5-3.0-TDI-Quattro/226663/

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/RoadTestsData/Audi-A3-S3-(261bhp)/224171/

I tend to find these reviews are wrong as they don't tell you the conditions when testing, I remember I had a Bora 130 pd and it was obviously stated as slower than a boxter s in every gear for every speed but on a dual carridgeway we went from 40-50 in 5th and the boxter had nothing compared to the torque of the diesel, yes the gearing is completly different but in a real world test you won't be redlining it every gear, unless you have an oil well. I think thats why they class the 335d as fast as the previous gen m3 real world on 5th gear and an autocar mag i read a while back.

What sort of figures do the 3.0TDi's get when mapped?

i know how to drive mannnnn :o.k:

i think its just the torque! ive now got my S3 back and its not slower than the v6 tdi but u definately feel a difference in torque!!

My dealership gave me one when I was 19. They are massively negligent though

How did you manage to do it! My car needs servicing soon and I wanna nag them for a toy to play with! :whistle2:

How did you manage to do it! My car needs servicing soon and I wanna nag them for a toy to play with! :whistle2:

I asked for a courtesy car when I booked it in, turned up, handed them my licence and they gave me the keys. It was only when I got home and read the paperwork that I saw the 21 clause. It was only an A4 2.0 TDi, admittedly brand new at the time

+300hp with an exhaust and remap :icon_thumright:

Thats some serious gains. Think my next audi will be a mapped a5 3.0 TDi as I hear good things about the economy of them still.

My car will be needing to go in for repairs soon, and will be needing a courtesy car, only problem is im 18, will they still give me one or not?

I asked for a courtesy car when I booked it in, turned up, handed them my licence and they gave me the keys. It was only when I got home and read the paperwork that I saw the 21 clause. It was only an A4 2.0 TDi, admittedly brand new at the time

I'm guessing they didn't ask your age when you asked for the car! They asked my age the last time I went in for a service.

I've had an A3 2.0TDi and an A4 2.0 TDi. wasn't impressed with either compared to my S3. I keep reading on here that people get TTs sometimes. Although I wouldn't buy one I wouldn't mind driving one about for a day!

I've had an A3 2.0TDi and an A4 2.0 TDi. wasn't impressed with either compared to my S3.

:sign_unfair:

To be fair there's only ever going to be one winner for that comparison!

Last time I got a courtesy car it was an A2! :)

Didn't think it was too bad at the time though!

hmm.. I've had a 2.0T FSI quattro and a 170 TDI quattro. The 2.0T was fun to drive but I really couldn't live with the fuel consumption... barely got 18mpg.. *cough* Thrash....

Might ask them next time if they have a TT or something.... 'thinking about upgrading' as an excuse... :eek:

hmm.. I've had a 2.0T FSI quattro and a 170 TDI quattro. The 2.0T was fun to drive but I really couldn't live with the fuel consumption... barely got 18mpg.. *cough* Thrash....

Might ask them next time if they have a TT or something.... 'thinking about upgrading' as an excuse... :eek:

I've had both these too. 2.0TFsi Quattro circa 25mpg... 170Tdi Quattro circa 35 mpg.... just got A5 3.0Tdi Quattro and getting near enough 40mpg (39.6) and it's quite, no diesel smells and what performance.. I haven't had so much fun for years...

KK:greyrs4: