Courtesy car in place of your S3?

S32B

Reaction score
Just out of interest what car have they given you whilst your S3 has been in for a routine service?

I have an a3 but was given a a3 1.2 sport because my car way delayed for 3 weeks and an a6 2.0 whilst in for warranty work a few weeks ago.

I think its potluck really but doubt most dealers have s/rs models as service cars, I guess if you demand one they might use a demo car.

Was given a A3 TDI 184 Quattro when mine went in for the day.

Lovely....:)

I had a 1.4 TFSI when I had a little problem with mine. They offered to find me something higher spec but I stuck with the 1.4. REALLY appreciated my S3 when I got it back!

Reactions: OliJ and Pulp84
I have an a3 but was given a a3 1.2 sport because my car way delayed for 3 weeks and an a6 2.0 whilst in for warranty work a few weeks ago.

The must have been an interesting comparison....the most powerful petrol A3 to the least powerful.

They supplied a A3 1.8 FWD SB with s-tronic, leather interior and sunroof. On the plus side it made me appreciate my S3 when I got it back, but on the other hand, it left me underwhelmed. Yes classier than most hatchbacks, but otherwise totally un-inspiring to drive.

I thought the general was to upspec you with a diff model ive had a could a5s but did looool when I was given the slowest a1 known to man but wasn't fussed as was only short borrow.

I've got an A5 2.0tdi S-line as a loan car until mine arrives.

At my dealers on my profile you can specify what type of car you would like e.g. Small hatchback, saloon, large estate, auto or manual.
Usually end up with a A6, although if they don't have what you're after they sometimes will ask to borrow a sales fleet car, so I've had an SQ5 before.
I'm honestly not to fussed nowadays as long as it's very economical and then I can get away with using it and not having to fill it up as the needle hasn't moved :laugh:

Reactions: elpaulio
They gave me an A1 after promising an A5, wasn't best pleased. Didn't even fix the problem the S3 went in with..

My S3 has been in for warranty work a couple of times and have been given a A3 saloon TDI, then got given an A6 TDI now currently got given an S3 saloon.

When they say what date would I like to book in for I just say I'll work round you as long as I get a decent car eg not an a1. I think they appreciate it and I seem to do well out of it.

Not needed to take the S3 in yet but the last loan car I had when I took the S4 in was a v10 R8 Spyder which was rather nice! Previously I have had Q5's and A6's mostly. I refused to take a bog standard A4 once when they said they needed my car longer so I got a fresh a6 bi turbo!

I've had everything, A1, A3, A4, A5, A6 etc. Even had an A2 once!

I didn't have a courtesy car; they provided me with a chauffeur driven A7 to and from work.

S3 recently had a new gearbox over Xmas time, and I had a hateful A4 triptronic TDi. Thankfully I was away on business for a week so didn't have to put up with it that long, otherwise I would have asked for something better.

Mine broke down and I got lucky speaking to a petrolhead and I got an RS4.

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant
Just dropped mine off and been given another a6 se diesel, it was supposed to be an a4 all-road but it came back with a nasty dent on it.

My a3 saloon went in and I got a 3.0 A4 Allroad. Quite a nice car really, fully kitted out.

I was given a 2.0 TDI Quattro A3 convertible - my 4 year old son wanted to swap the S3 for it :-(

was given an A5 2.0 for the day, really missed my car the whole time - really didn't like the A5 at all - too heavy and the engine struggled to push that beast around!

I think it's purely based on whats available, I can't see them having a stock of like for like cars for every car they service or repair. Obviously they need to match u with a car that is of equal or bigger size as far as amount of seats and load space go.

Yeah it's definitely whatever they have in at the time. It's at least a 3 weeks wait to get anything from my local dealer. I've had an A3 saloon and an A5 so far. Apparently if you're under 25 you cannot drive anything bigger than an A5 as a courtesy car.

Yeah it's definitely whatever they have in at the time. It's at least a 3 weeks wait to get anything from my local dealer. I've had an A3 saloon and an A5 so far. Apparently if you're under 25 you cannot drive anything bigger than an A5 as a courtesy car.

I think each different dealer/group has different insurance terms, I've two a6's in the past month at 22 years old.

Speaking to the service guys I think they try and match your car or bigger, 1) to keep you happy 2) to entice you to upgrade to a bigger model next time round.

I know my dealer runs a few a1/3's and the majority a4/6 as there the most common/ middle of the road Audi's

At the Audi dealership I work at, service always try and give you a like for like or higher car than you currently have. Unfortunately it's not always as simple as that. The most recent example that sticks in my mind Is when a customer dropped their A1 in for a minor service, they had requested a loan car when they booked it in around two weeks before, which the service advisor they dealt with had forgotten, so they had to give mr customer their last loan car, which happened to be an RSQ3. The customer was obviously thrilled, but it wasn't ideal for the dealership because they wanted to keep the mileage down on it with it being an RS product.

Most of the time it's just luck of the draw. You could end up handing the keys to your £80,000 RS5 cabriolet over, in exchange for an A4 black edition multi!

My advice would be to specify a car you would like as a loan car at the point of booking, the dealership may not have one to give you, but if you give them notice they'll try their best to get you one.

It particularly helps if you mention that you're looking to change into the model you've requested!