Couple of Videos online

Not even any white stitching on the steering wheel? *** Audi come on

You get blue stitching AND a flat bottom on a Golf R witout even having to ask!

The new golf R sw looks awful… not sure that counts as flat bottom? Just looks like someone’s under inflated it a little…

However the mk7/7.5 sw was superb. The previous gen rs3 sw was also a sweet spot (same for the 3 series too actually!!) And I would have been happy with that on the 8y…

Reactions: johnmv55
Well, Auditography is calling the 0-60 time at 3.1sec (based on the dash metrics). If that’s true, then that is actually draw dropping. Will be looking forward to some impart 3rd party data.

As for the flat bottom wheel, whilst I love the look of it in my Mk7.5 Golf, as a tool to actually steer with, much prefer a round one - I like the consistency when shuffling through quick corners, car parks etc, the flat bottom just feels wobbly.

Reactions: Keano04 and Daggerit
Review by Autocar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Keano04
Noticed in one of the reveiws that RS marked floor matts are part of the interior design packs, so its std black matts for us :(

I can't see this car doing 3.1 0-62 then 12s 1/4m

Circa 500hp for close to 3.1, then you'll get 1/4m in around 11.1 so some dodgy testing or reporting going on.

Reactions: Daggerit
I can't see this car doing 3.1 0-62 then 12s 1/4m

Circa 500hp for close to 3.1, then you'll get 1/4m in around 11.1 so some dodgy testing or reporting going on.

Fair point, although hearing could have a massive effect on the acceleration and quarter mile times too, not just power.

I agree with you though, that 3.1s is seeming a bit ambitious of the virtual cockpit.

Well, Auditography is calling the 0-60 time at 3.1sec (based on the dash metrics). If that’s true, then that is actually draw dropping. Will be looking forward to some impart 3rd party data.

As for the flat bottom wheel, whilst I love the look of it in my Mk7.5 Golf, as a tool to actually steer with, much prefer a round one - I like the consistency when shuffling through quick corners, car parks etc, the flat bottom just feels wobbly.

What car have it at 3.86 with performance mode on.

What car have it at 3.86 with performance mode on.

I do wonder on the conditions though, that’s the same time as Matt Watson at Carwow got on a Vbox with cold Trofeo R tyres on a wet track. So maybe nowhere near ideal conditions for it.

I do wonder on the conditions though, that’s the same time as Matt Watson at Carwow got on a Vbox with cold Trofeo R tyres on a wet track. So maybe nowhere near ideal conditions for it.

Matt did a 3.8 in the wet and 3.6 in the dry (and an 11.8sec 1/4 mile time), unfortunately he didn’t show what the dash recorded it as.
I‘ve seen comments stating that the Audi dash timing doesn’t start from 0mph but after you start rolling 5-10mph which could explain it, but also seems pointless in that case.

And the official Audi UK spec video - nothing we didn’t already know but it does confirm a few things like adaptive suspension and Dynamic pack options. No mention of design pack - of course