Couple of small issues

L33 WCX

Reaction score
The temp gauge is permanently at 90, from cold start? Does everyone's do this?

Annoying rattle from the rear. Quite loud but not been able to find it yet. Sounds plasticy!?

Juddering wipers when screen only partially wet. When soaked they're fine.

Anyone had these issues? Dealer will be looking at them when it goes in to have the marks in seats sorted anyway.

The temp gauge shouldn't go straight to 90 it should jump up in increments
Check everything is secured in the back, clip in place the rear searbelts
Clean the screen with diluted white vinegar and the blades too, often the screens come from the factory with a layer of grime/grease, however a proper detail should sort it if they use a good screen cleaner....

Annoying rattle from the rear. Quite loud but not been able to find it yet. Sounds plasticy!?
I had a rattle/klunk from the rear, I thought it was a loose seat mounting. When I took it in they did something with the suspension block, took 5 minutes and problem solved and it hasn't been back. They said they had seen a new A4 do this before.

I had a rattle/klunk from the rear, I thought it was a loose seat mounting. When I took it in they did something with the suspension block, took 5 minutes and problem solved and it hasn't been back. They said they had seen a new A4 do this before.
That's bad, it means the didn't take the transit wedges out of the springs before handover!

The temp gauge is permanently at 90, from cold start? Does everyone's do this?

Juddering wipers when screen only partially wet. When soaked they're fine.

Anyone had these issues? Dealer will be looking at them when it goes in to have the marks in seats sorted anyway.

Have you sat in the back seats? It maybe that they haven't clipped in. Sitting on them usually clicks them in.

The temp gauge is strange. Shouldn't be at 90 from cold. Mine has held temperature for an hour at the most this week being very hot. Anything after that 90 mins or so and it's dropped at least 2 lights

Have you sat in the back seats? It maybe that they haven't clipped in. Sitting on them usually clicks them in.

The temp gauge is strange. Shouldn't be at 90 from cold. Mine has held temperature for an hour at the most this week being very hot. Anything after that 90 mins or so and it's dropped at least 2 lights
Had a fiddle round the back (so to speak) and it's not done it since so think it was the belts. What do you mean drops 2 lights? I thought it should start from cold with no lights illuminated and then each light would illuminate up to the 90 and then stay there? Am I being thick!?

Thats how it works on my a3, although it might be two lights at a time. I don't look at it much but there are certainly no lights when I first startup the engine...

That's bad, it means the didn't take the transit wedges out of the springs before handover!
Its possible as I thought in might be that so I did have a look to see if they were in and I couldn't see anything.
I also understood they were only used on the front.

Had a fiddle round the back (so to speak) and it's not done it since so think it was the belts. What do you mean drops 2 lights? I thought it should start from cold with no lights illuminated and then each light would illuminate up to the 90 and then stay there? Am I being thick!?

I mean if you turn the car off hot eg at 90, and then 30 mins later start it up, it has lost 2 lights of temp. It doesn't start at 0 as the cars already hot

Had one instance where the sat nav thought I was in a different part of town having calculated the route, sorted itself out once I stopped the car and allowed the mmi to reboot, not done it since. Also twice, the outside temp gauge has started at 0c before slowly coming up to normal, doesn't seem to affect the car so will mention it when it gets to service or happens more frequent and becomes a pain.