Couple of random questions

James.c

Reaction score
I hope they havnt been covered before Iv had a search but couldn't see anything.

Number one
I really fancy some bigger brakes! Do the s4/r32 345mm fronts fit under my standard 18" le manz black edition wheels?
I think either the 256 or 310mm vented rears look mint aswell is the handbrake cable near enough the same on them all?

Number two
Iv made a mess of most of my alloys what actual colour are they because there gloss gunmetal or anthracite or something? I need to try and touch them up or fix them

Number 3
Iv had a quick measure of my front arb and it seemed just over 30mm but I only used an adjustable spanner and measured the gap so not very accurate I'm guessing il need 29mm arb bushes?

And number 4 I also wanted the uprated rear arb for the rs4 from awesomegti the 25mm one but I'm sure it was only about £160 when I bookmarked the page and now it's £240!

Reactions: Charlie Farley and carlcall
what calipers do you have at the moment james, if you have the larger ones as found on a few variants you be able to use what you have and just change the carriers and they will be S4 items, then get some digger s4 disks.
awesome gti one may have increase due to the currency £ drop of recent weeks.

having just a quick look at there web site a heck of a lot has increased in price and not by just a few pounds either

Iv just got 312mm at the front and single skin disc at the back think there 256? Maybe smaller Iv just won a full set of an a3 3.2 just getting a confirmation on the sizes I'm sure there 345 front and 300 or 310 back same as the r32 golf

any pics of them james, how did you find out they would fit your a4 avant aswell.

Iv got a picture of the fronts he's sending me a picture of the backs tomorrow, most sets on eBay are about 3/400 quid I got these really cheap so I don't mind doing a full strip down and paint and even new discs and pads.

I just presume there going to fit haha Iv been looking for ages from what I've gathered s4 3.2 and s3 and r32 brakes are all the same I'm hoping :fearful:

are you sure they are those size james , they look the same as mine which are the 320's and matching calipers.
IMG 0950

It may just be me but the gap between the hub and the inner of the disc does seem to be a little bigger in James pics.

yep, it probably is carl, 12.5 mm each side is not a lot to be honest and pics can be deceptive, I think james will be needing new disks or at least get them skimmed back to fresh metal....

Reactions: carlcall
Yeah I only got them because they where cheap il probably strip them down make sure no rubbers are ripped n clean the piston up and stuff. If they are 345 most sets are over triple what I paid so I don't mind no dust shield though il keep an eye out for a set.
Not a mod I was planing on doing for ages but they where a bargain.
Even if they are 320's it's a much prettier calliper than what's on haha Iv held of painting them because I don't want to attract attention to them haha

They might not even fit behind the allots yet! I'm hoping they will look something like these size wise

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Charlie Farley
way to go james, good luck, don't forget piccy's as you progress.

Reactions: James.c
These are the rears
Unfortunately they have cut the brake lines being lazy will I be able to use my lines from my original brakes or am I best off getting some for an s4?

Id go for a set of braided lines matey, win win that way.

Yeah only about £70quid arnt they. What would I go for though my car of s4 to match the calipers?

looks like you are going to be a right old busy bee james.....are you going to blast the calipers or wire brush them..

i'd be inclined to strip them right down and blast them then replace all serviceable parts full stop , cant be too carefull with calipers mate.

For my old car your could get a full set of rubbers ect for about a tenner a corner so il have a look. Yeah il probably just wire brush then depends what they are like when they come. Still don't know if they will fit lol bout time I had something to tinker with haha Iv still got the b5 cups and a full front link kit to do at some point. And seen as the awesome gti price has gone up il look at an rs4 rear arb how thick are they?

The Golf/A3 platform brakes are different to the ones on the B7 platform. Discs possibly same.

Right fellas next couple of head scratchers.
My rear brakes I got are 310mm but arnt s4 300mm so do I either bore out the hub of the disc like I have with the fronts and try and fit those
Or do Would my calipers fit s4 carriers so I can get some s4 300mm brakes that actually fit? What do we recon chaps

There's 9mm in height difference from my 255 to the 310 Iv got so sounds like they will touch the carrier a lot!

Anyone help me with the rear calipers? If I get some s4 carriers will the a3 3.2 calipers fit so I can use the 300mm s4 discs instead of the 310 ones? Sorry to be a pain

not sure james , but I suspect some one will be along shortly that has done the conversion and will be able to help you out with the mod.