Couple of Questions

ScottyKemp

Reaction score
Recently bought an S3, Had it about a month. When I give it some welly of the traffic lights, I get a tiny bit of wheelspin then it grips and we are off, not being dumb I thought these beasts where permanent 4 Wheel Drive, is it to do with Traction Control ?

Also Is anybody else on this forum totally addicted to driving there S3 ? I have done nearly 3000 miles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif since i have had it !

Just can't wait to get in it !

[ QUOTE ]
ScottyKemp said:
Recently bought an S3, Had it about a month. When I give it some welly of the traffic lights, I get a tiny bit of wheelspin then it grips and we are off, not being dumb I thought these beasts where permanent 4 Wheel Drive, is it to do with Traction Control ?

Also Is anybody else on this forum totally addicted to driving there S3 ? I have done nearly 3000 miles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif since i have had it !

Just can't wait to get in it !

[/ QUOTE ]

S3/TT are not permanent 4wd... only 4wd when its needed hence the reason you get a LITTLE bit of wheelspin... for normal driving it uses fwd and 4wd when its needed.

Rich

the s3 if i understand correctly (im sure someone will point out if i am wrong) is not permanent 4 wheel drive. it operates on the Haldex system, which means that the car is FWD until more traction is needed and then the power is distributed to the rear wheels. hence the small amount of wheel spin.

[ QUOTE ]
adjturbo said:
is there an echo in here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

is there an echo in here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif