Couple of queries on fuel sender

rbdazza

Reaction score
My car is struggling to start and when it does it won't rev and the glow plug light is flashing

According to vcds I have low fuel pressure.

I've removed the fuel pipe under the bonnet, in fact both in case I had the return and not the feed and am getting no fuel!

So;

1. When should the pump run? When I unlock it or when I enter the key?

2. Where is the hatch to get into the tank?

Thanks in advance and desperation.

Actually the fault is Fuel Rail/System Pressure , P0087 00 (101) - too low. Pressure actual : 117700 hPa

Are you the chap that runs biodiesel?

Reactions: DieselJake
As above start with the fuel filter and pump which is located under the car under a plastic panel below where the drivers side mat is. There is a pump in the tank that delivers low pressure fuel to the electric pump under the car that boosts pressure to about 5 bar to deliver it to the HPFP.
Both electric fuel pumps should run for a second or two to prime the system when the ignition is first turned on.
Just looked at your posts and I believe you have been running 100% bio. Hopefully it's just the filter blocked under the car or in the tank. There is a mesh filter on the pick up for the in tank pump. If there's no fuel coming to the underside fuel pump you need to look in the tank.
Not English but watch the video and you can see where the fuel filter / pump is located.