Couple of new bits fitted. Few pics.

Wheels look nice what were they off originally?:thumbsup:

Yeah my intercooler has been good, bargain to.

I think the wheels are not off any specific model. I think they are just one of the ones which sit in the showroom in the accessories stands.

Well a little update ready for the weekend.

I started doing an airbox mod with some hose last weekend. Got a plan in place just wondering if anyone else has done airbox modifications.

I am drilling a 76mm hole and putting one of these on the inside poking through the hole.

http://www.revotec.com/details.asp?ID=64

Then I have some of this
http://www.revotec.com/details.asp?ID=206

to clamp onto the airbox outlet I am fitting and then I am feeding it down to the vent in the front bumper.

I have fed the hose down and am just waiting for the 76mm hole saw to arrive so I can get a clean hole in the box.

I have already snapped out lots of plastic on the inside of the box which was in the way.

I dont expect much but should hopefully improve the air flow a bit.

I have previously modified the vent as it annoyed me being blanked off so the ducting will sit behind here.

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

Well I got my new wheels tyred up.

Not sure if I like them as much as my anthracite ones tbh. Will maybe grow on me but I have taken them off until the winter passes all the same.

Here are some crappy pics.

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

I finished off my cold air feed.

Think in the near future I will need to take shorten the hose as is pretty bunched up but we will see.

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

No I know Doc I am not sure about them either. Did grow on me after going in for some lunch and seeing them a hour later. I am not sure if it is because I am just so used to seeing the car with the dark wheels.

I will probably run them next summer and see how I feel and then maybe split them and get the centres coated anthracite.

With the smaller offset I am going to have to swap my spacers over as well as they stick out about 5mm too far.

I also quite fancy a set of the A8 17x8" fat fives as have always liked them and are quite light.

To be continued............

i did the same airbox mod but the hole is at the bottom, still tight in there though.

what is the blue pipe running right to left abover the rad?

The wheels are ok nice for a winter set to save the quattro ones. Air box mod is a good idea i might have to steel that :) (the idea that is)

Just a little update.

Not really done much to the car and rarely moves more than 50 miles a week nowadays.

Got it mot'd, taxed and service last month.

Passed the mot fine, the tester asked if the car is kept in a garage since is pretty clean which was nice.

Last weekend I gave it a wash and fitted the other set of wheels I have. I will use them over the summer and then decide how I like them. I need 10mm spacers for the rear though as my 15mm ones made the wheels sit out just a tad too much.

I may eventually get the centres done anthracite or sell them as I think dark wheel suit the red paint work.

Anyway here are a couple of crappy phone pics I took. I will take better ones at a later date.

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

I hate taking pics of my car when people are about, its so embarrassing!!

loving this thread.

the last pic in post #85 what is the pipe for on the intake manifold? the thin one that loops back on itself?

why do you have such a big pipe for a DV? (or does DV not mean dump valve lol?)

Thats the vacuum pipe for the DV. I moved my DV onto the throttle body hose as is colder air (or meant to be) on that pipe as it is after the ic.

Which pipe are you refering to? The thicker blue one running along the front of the bay or the black TIP pipe which leads to the airbox?

Thats the vacuum pipe for the DV. I moved my DV onto the throttle body hose as is colder air (or meant to be) on that pipe as it is after the ic.

Which pipe are you refering to? The thicker blue one running along the front of the bay or the black TIP pipe which leads to the airbox?

so if the thin one keeps falling off on mine as it is not secured i would be loosing boost?

Looking nice mate, i think the wheels look ok nice but ok. Not as good as the others but there for best so its worth saving them.

Yeah I think the wheels are growing on me. I think I like them more every time I see the car.

Things normally look better in real life but in a week or so I will try and take some better pics.

I dont think his camber will be particularly bad?

The multilink suspension on an A4 isnt particularly affected by lowering the car, the camber is probably still within audis specified limits.

Compared to the back wheels it has quite a bit of negative camber looking at it......

Maybe wrong though..

Decided last night to finally give my intercooler a light couple of coats of black paint. Had wanted to do it for years but kept putting it off.

I took a couple of pics but camera phones suck at dark pics.

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

See its so stealthy now you can almost not see it.

I also chucked some 5mm spacers on the front and already have some 13mm ones on the rear.

Great thread man, been keeping an eye on it. Even if I am a heavy oil burner! I definately prefer the 10spokes but the night shot at the garage does make a different point!
Curious about the cold air feed, been looking into things like that for Stinky. The feed must come in below that filter element or have you got another filter on the inside? Or maybe the Tdi element is in a different place to yours, (right at the top).

Yes the feed comes in the front of the airbox below the filter on the bottom half of the box.

The filter on the 1.8T is sandwiched between the two parts of the box so the air from the feed is still filtered.

Not really noticed any difference to be honest. I dont really drive the car very often now so is hard to tell. Dont think it will do any harm to the performance though and did not cost much to do.

I had comments about my camber on the rims after I lowered mine. When I had it tracked, it was completely within the factory tolerances.

This looks good in red. Nice mods, well carried out. I wasn't too sure on the wheels at first, but they've grown on me.

The FMIC and silicone hoses are my next mod.

Would like to know why you replaced the manifold. From what I can see, the ports seem to be the same size, so what are the gains?

Cheers,

GIles

Perhaps get some black tape and go over the blue hoses with it. That should finish off the stealth look from the front?

That's the only thing that's putting me off getting silicone hoses... I can only find them in blue or red. Do they actually produce a black kit?

Yes I would rather if the hoses were black. Or even red to match the car colour. You can not see the hoses really however as the grilles cover them where the join together like in this old pic.

Black tape could be an idea however.

DSC00441.jpg

You can see them from an angle however. But you can see parts of the bumper kind of hide them.

DSC00442.jpg

As for the manifold. Its hard to tell from the pictures but it certainly looks like it should flow better in real life. You could possibly spend time smoothing it out but I did not. I did notice a bit of a gain with the manifold but nothing major. Would possibly be more noticable with an eliminator.

I bought another set of wheels today.

Should be here next week but I will not see them for a couple of weeks.

Are 18s and I do not think anyone will have seen them on an A4 before. Will update once I get them on the car.

They are going to need refurbished but I will get them powdered after the winter.

I doubt anyone has had them on an A4 on here.

They are more associated with rally stuff. I have wanted a set for about 3 years and finally saw a set available so snapped them up.

I don't think many people will approve to be honest but will have to see what they look like.

Are they comp mo, i wanted some of them on my a4 think they would suit it really well.

oh you big tease!
give us a clue!