Couple of new bits fitted. Few pics.

that looks sweet mate! what size are the rims?

has the bigger exhaust manifold made any performance difference? acceleration? less turbo lag?

looking good mate! you looking to go BT? which 1?

Cheers guys, the wheels are 17".

You can fit 16" wheels over the brakes.

I havent really been able to check the performance to be honest as my clutch is slipping when I accelerate too hard.

I would quite like a BT but will not be for a while. Have a fair few other things I would like done first. As for which one I would get would either get the GT28RS eliminator or the GT2871 version.

Love the front mount cooler! I have got to get me one of those soon!!

Thought I would post on my thread again.

I got my new clutch and TIP. Here are some poor pics, my camera on this new phone seems to be pretty pantalons.

DSC00011-1.jpg

DSC00008-2.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

I was hoping to get them fitted this week but my mates garage is really busy this week but fingers crossed should get them fitted next week.

Nice one you got the over size TIP :) looking good there mate, i did some rumaging in the garage and round the lip spoiler well two of them so you still want it ?

No its alright thanks mate, I think I will keep the rear of my car spoiler less now. I did like them before but have gone of them a little now.

Yeah I got the oversized one. You had that on your old car didnt you? I got it from the US so was a bit cheaper.

Yeah it was on the old A4 pain in the **** to fit if i remember thought think i lost a pint of the red stuff :)

Loving the stealth look, thats the reason I chose this car in the first place, attract no unwanted attention and have fun as and when required!

Can I ask what a TIP does please!?

T.urbo
I.nlet/Induction
P.ipe

the idea is to replace the standard small bore one that is prone to collapsing under increased boost pressure with a wire reinforced or thicker, larger bored one, usually of silicone variety.

then the Neuspeed TIP intake, is used i think to increase the flow into the turbo. if i am correct?

macca said:
T.urbo
I.nlet/Induction
P.ipe

the idea is to replace the standard small bore one that is prone to collapsing under increased boost pressure with a wire reinforced or thicker, larger bored one, usually of silicone variety.

then the Neuspeed TIP intake, is used i think to increase the flow into the turbo. if i am correct?

Correct! :icon_thumright:

Soupie, paint the intercooler black.

There's a reason the OE ones are black - better cooling. Silver is reflective, and not as efficient as it could be, if black. Same reason why it's not a good idea to have polished parts in your engine bay.

Markey said:
Yeah it was on the old A4 pain in the **** to fit if i remember thought think i lost a pint of the red stuff :)

I hope its not too hard. Will no doubt be fiddly tapping the turbo for the adaptor.

billybravo said:
Soupie did u have to pay anything like import tax on ur clutch mine should be coming soon gone for the stage 4 with flywheel

we dont see u on alot anymore where are you hidding

I still come on dont worry!!

No I did not get stung for import tax, I may have just been lucky though. Will probably depend one where you order it from.

siena said:
Soupie, paint the intercooler black.

There's a reason the OE ones are black - better cooling. Silver is reflective, and not as efficient as it could be, if black. Same reason why it's not a good idea to have polished parts in your engine bay.

Yeah I would like it black as would be hidden a bit more. Just when I fitted it a lot of people said it would hinder performance so I just fitted it as it is.

Should it just be given a light coat of radiator paint or something?

Just a coat of satin black would do.

would look good black with some writing on it :) jap styleeeee

Just a quick update. Got the gearbox off the car yesterday and removed the clutch, flywheel etc. I also fitted the neuspeed TIP. It was pretty tight but I think its all ok.

The clutch would have been finished yesterday but I wanted to make sure the flywheel was ok as we had a bit of a debate as to whether it had too much play or not. There is a guide on southbend webpage and it seems ok so it is away getting lightly skimmed at the moment. I will hopefully get the car put back together tomorrow so will report back on how the clutch feels.

painting intercoolers can work but depends on the thickness of the paint and what it is made from, can act as a thermal barrier.

rather than slicing and dicing your bumper you would benefit from some ducting, flat fibrglass panels shaped to the inside contour of the bumper and fixed to the I/C directs maximum airflow to the core.

Let me know how you get on with your clutch. how long did it take to get here in the end? USPS seems pretty slow!

I am waiting to see how the clutch fairs as i too have a problem on full boost. I couldnt even get e decent run on the rollers after the map because of it,gggrrr.

I notice you opted to stay with the OE flywheel, not tempted by quicker spin up then?? or was cost a factor?

I went Dual mass due to the reported transmission chatter. don't really want to sound like a rally car with straight cut gears and a 4lb flywheel.
although Southbend assure me that it can only be heard at idle with the AC on. even so,
Mine is for a quattro 2l with a knifedged crank so I am not that worried if I lose a few fractions of a second below 1500rpm.
its a daily driver so I want a bit of a smoother take off as well.

let me know if you are thinking of upgrading the clutch and or flywheel. I sell Southbend kits for 10-15% less than the website prices.

I just went for the standard flywheel as did not fancy the chatter.

I would have gone for a lighter one but the heaviest of those if my flywheel had been knackered though as it would work out cheaper than the £500 I got quoted for a new flywheel.

I think it took just over a week for the delivery in the end. It just took a while for the guy to post it as he had trouble making sure the TIP was the right one for a euro A4.

Looks really good, the brakes look superb :)

Byzan A4 said:
JCB, i am indeed just £500 is a lot and i still need a gearbox as 2nd isnt very well on mine

clutch is $600 not £.
they do OEM flywheels but they are on back order, $450 IIRC, listed on the Southbend site though.

all at 10-15% discount

cheers

Well car is all back together, have only driven it home so have not had a proper fun yet.

The bite is now right at the bottom which I much prefer. Takes me back to my old 309 GTI. The pedal is also a little firmer nothing renault clio stiff though, it will probably soften a tad as well.

The clutch is a little more grabby than the old one but is not like on/off. This could just be as I am not used to it yet though as the bite was so high up before.

All in all I am chuffed and am glad I went for this clutch. You guys who have it on order will not be dissappointed.

Yeah looked great after the light skim.

Just got took the car for a drive and got home again and when the clutch is pushed in there is a ticking. I hope the release bearing is not faulty as a new one came with the clutch and we fitted it.

I got stage 4 as people said there is not difference in feel but is stronger.

Doesnt cost much more either. Yeah I replaced the bolts.

nice, my clutch turned up this morning although it is not going on this engine so won't get to play with it for a bit.
What is ticking?

I think it must be the release bearing, a new one came with the clutch which i fitted. A member on Audizine had the same thing and then it stopped.

I hope it goes away,

Well just thought I would add a few pics to this thread that I took a few weeks ago when I went to pickup/drop off my laptop when it was getting a new hard disk fitted since the old one gave up. The car was manky but I liked the area so thought I would take some pics all the same.

I drove down and up the road the first trip but left the car at the top the next time as it was pretty steep and the holes would make the car scrape the ground, especially at the lip right at the top.

DSC00006-1.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00016-1.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

The pics are not the greatest as it was bright and the cam phone is not the greatest at dealing with certain lights.

I have not really done anything to the car for a while now as I have been spending the money going out and bought a tv for my lounge. I really need to give the car a good wash/polish soon and will service it in the next few weeks also.

Reactions: Andyb5tdi
Well folks got some H-sport ARB's last week and fitted the front bar all fine. Had to wait to do the rear one as the rear links were seized to the only bar and the allen key hole just rounded. So I had to cut the nuts off but damaged the thread. So bought some RS2 links as they are metal (£65 each!!) and fitted the rear bar this morning. Car feels a lot more level now and seems to turn in a but better. Oh and the subframe brackets look cool, almost too nice to put under the car.

Got a DTS coming this week from the group buy so will fit that shortly and got some Goodridge hoses but those will get fitted when I get some new rear brakes to.

Here is a pic of how the car looks at the moment since most people like pics and I have gone back to the A4 grille since I think it matches the lower grilles better. Plus I have painted the surround to match the wheels.

DSC00044.jpg

NewImage.jpg

wow that car looks low man.. dont you have problems with speed bumps? how much is it lowered now?

Well another little update.

I will try to do an airbox mod tomorrow as I bought some hose and a metal hose adapter through the week but will see how I feel.

I also picked up some new wheels last night as they were for sale locally, brand new and cheap.
Nothing too exciting but came in this box with these docs.

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

I will try and get the tyres fitted tomorrow then see how they look on the car.

Not my first choice in wheels but should be reasonable quality and for the cost I could not complain.

Reactions: Andyb5tdi