Couple of new bits fitted. Few pics.

Reaction score
I eventually got all my new discs and pads.

DSC00438.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

Also fitted my fmic. Ran into a problem as I have moved my DV but sorted it.

DSC00436.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

Here is the section on the bumper I had to cut.

DSC00440.jpg

All done.

DSC00441.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

Cant see it that much which is what I wanted. Would have rathered it be black but I am not that bothered.

I am also holding 2psi more now and can hear the turbo a little more. I dunno if this should be the case or what??

Reactions: Andyb5tdi
Looking good mate :) which FMIC did you choose in the end ? It looks like a good one.

Very nice but gaining 2 psi don't think thats right I can only think you had a leek all this time and the new FMIC got passed the leek.

You could really do with an S4 or RS4 style bumper to expose more of the intercooler. It won't be able to work very efficiently with such a small area exposed to the air.

Blue_Thunder said:
You could really do with an S4 or RS4 style bumper to expose more of the intercooler. It won't be able to work very efficiently with such a small area exposed to the air.

Agreed.

There only looks to be barely a third exposed there.

Stealth is a great thing, but unfortunately in the intercooler world it's tot the BEST ethos for getting the best results :(

Yeah I dont mind if its not working 100% to be honest. I like the standard front bumper and want it to remain stealthy. It seems a lot better than the old side unit as it is.

Its the cheap Autobahn88 kit I bought. Good kit apart fron had to redrill the brackets, so no big problems.

looking good mate, im liking it!

im itchin to get mines on! but i dont wanto to keep taking the bumper on and off the clips have already broken on the sides!

autobahn88 rocks! gotta love Doc for that discovery! :icon_thumright:

How about cutting a discreet slot above/behind the reg plate?

Could get a wee bit more air to the top and still keep the Q car look.

Nice one all looking good mate :) what did you think about the quality of the core on the intercooler ?

Can you link me up for the FMIC on ebay please i want to have a look at the pipes :)

would the fmic fit my car its a p reg 96/97 i know it says its for 97 onwards but your car dosnt look much diffrennt from my car

love the stealthy look, i want it :)
don't care if it loses like 5% of its maximum airflow to remain looking normal, looks tough and properly engineered. :D

plus u can always take the front bumper off if you go down the strip...

Hey folks finally got my 034 manifold fitted.

Was easy to get the old manifold off but hard to get the new one on as its pretty chunky.

It took me about four and a half hours to get it done in the end.

Has made the turbo super loud above 4k revs. The old one must muffle the noise a bit.

Here are pics anyway.

Old on

DSC00448.jpg

Old off

DSC00449-1.jpg

Some comparison shots.

DSC00450-1.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

Old outlet

DSC00452.jpg

New outlet

DSC00451.jpg

Got a new clutch on its way as this one has started a slip a bit now. Also coming is a new TIP.

Cheers.

silly questions, but would that fmic work with a tdi set up?

some good work there mate the manifold you got is the same as the one i have on my car but i got mine from THS who imports these from the company who makes them for ATP and 034

i know what you mean about it being a ******

Looking good fella what kind off power you thinking you've got to play with? Some good mods:rockwoot:

Was RR'd a long time ago with 161bhp at the wheels. (quattro)

Going to need another remap soon.

BillyBravo how did you fully tighten all the bolts on the manifold? I have done mine as tight as I could but could probably do with getting them tighter.

I was thinging of bending the neck of a spanner??

Looking good there mate some nice bits going on :) anything else planned other than the clutch ?

Clutch and the tip when they arrive then will probably need a new knock sensor and n75 valve.

Then will ask MRC about injectors and bigger maf and see what they say.

Then it will be remap. That will be all then engine mods for the next year probably.

Soupie69uk said:
Was RR'd a long time ago with 161bhp at the wheels. (quattro)

Going to need another remap soon.

BillyBravo how did you fully tighten all the bolts on the manifold? I have done mine as tight as I could but could probably do with getting them tighter.

I was thinging of bending the neck of a spanner??

i think that is what i did mate the one at the end of the head near the fire wall is the wrost