Couple of new bits fitted. Few pics.

Well got some jobs done to the car over the past few days. Got all timing belt replaced, fitted street density gearbox and engine mounts, and had the arches and bumper painted. Still got to fit the panels back to the car, underseal, replace the front discs, do an oil change and fit diff washers but glad to have the timing belt done.

On moving the car there was a bit more engine vibration but I think it will reduce once the mounts are used a little.

turn the radio up or get that 3" exhaust sorted!

glad they fit!

The mounts will set in but still vibrate the car a little after a couple of hundred miles i have track ones fitted.

Bit late on this !!

I t could have been stealthier if you had given the pipes/intercooler a thin covering of matt black paint !
What about trimming off the bottom of numberplate -- currently has Autohaus etc on .... gain about another 10 mms or exposure to the air ? !!!
Surprised you didn't get the manifold sprayed by Zircotec.... would help stop heat getting out into the underhood area.
Very neat.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the comments, the ic is now black. I removed the front number plate holder. The manifold cracked so I am back running the standard one with the old turbo too.

seems that all non Audi manifolds crack , usually sooner rather than later...... so what is it, poor materials, poor design?
I think the S2 RS2 brigade have similar problems when theytry to upgrade their manifolds.
I remember that the APT (??) one that Star used to sell, showed 10 bhp on the rolling road, but I'm sure Jim Curley stopped selling them as they were cracking after a short time.

I am not too sure, maybe the excessive heat and the turbo hanging on it.

Here is the latest pic of the car, mad max style!

image.jpg

wow... IC /pipes look better in black!
Yes I think that the turbo weight is possibly part of the problem, really needs another mounting point underneath to help out ?

Looks good even stripped!

I always liked this on the BBS wheels you had, did you not keep them???

I have them but they have summer tyres on and the borellos have winter rubber fitted. The car has been in hiding this summer. But if someone wanted my bbs wheels I would sell them and get something new for next year.

Well drove the A4 again last night for the first time since the start of June. Felt very strange compared to the M3. Put that up for sale last Tuesday and a nice chap from Aberdeen came and picked it up last Sunday. Been fun having that for a while, and did a few mods to it in quite a short space of time. Put the car back to standard to sell and it was very easy to work on compared with the A4.
I fitted some KW coilovers, spacers, diffuser, splitter (which only lasted 4 weeks see pics), smoked grilles and lights.

Here are a few pictures anyway.

photo1-1.jpg

photo20.jpg

photo25.jpg

photo21.jpg

photo116.jpg

photo115.jpg

photo114.jpg

photo111.jpg

photo112.jpg

photo117.jpg

So over the past 2 days I refitted the front back onto the A4, changed the oil, front discs, waxoiled and shutz the sills. Still need to fit the diff washer mod and am now dreaming of KW coilovers for this car too.

Here is a pic part way through the work.

photo7.jpg

Reactions: Andyb5tdi
Nice 3! Ooof, what happened to the splitter? Was it gen carbon fibre? Always liked the E46, really nice car.

Whats next for the Audi then?

There was a dip in an entrance to a Tesco car park in Edinburgh and I heard a tiny scrape. Thought nothing of it but when I stopped half of it was hanging off. Was carbon yeah but was very brittle! Meant I needed to get the bumper painted as the silicon holding it on along the top was a pain and some paint had come off too. Did look nice for 4 weeks though!

Going to give the sills another coat of shutz in the next couple of weeks and maybe treat myself to a new headunit as the pioneer one I have is pretty dated as I have owned it for 10 years. Thats all over the winter. Then will hopefully be some new coilovers and then who knows.

Bought a set of cheap secondhand wheels last week. Bit of a bargain as came with hardly used tyres, bolts, lockers and in their new boxes.
They are compomotive VLM1770. Few scrapes on the fronts as the spokes are quite dished. The amount of brake clearance for 17's is amazing.
I will get them refurbished anthracite at some point next year.

Also fitted an AWE DTS, black rings and black quattro badge. Need to repaint the grille surround soon though.

Pics of Comps? Was it not you that found a set on Ebay before a while back for a good price, where the hell you keep finding them? lol Always Ford or 3 stud ones when i look!

Yeah some chancer tried to rip me off on some TH's. Love those wheels! These are nowhere near as exciting.

llanta-compomotive-vlm1770.jpg

The tyres are falkens on them and seem alright. Gonna use them for 2 weeks before going back to the boleros with winters. Gutted I dropped one of them onto some bolts which chipped the anthracite coating and dented a centre cap.

Want to get the compomotives done anthracite and then put the winter tyres on them for next year. Going to have to be careful with them as the spokes curve right out which I think helps brake clearance.

Using them as winters??? I think they look cool mate, i'd use them as the good set!

Lets see some pics with them on then, very different for the B5!:thumbsup:

Well fitted a new headunit - Pioneer DEH 80PRS - As my other pioneer was about 10 years old and my ericsson bluetooth kit was only work for outgoing calls with my iPhone 5 so was time to change.

Its quite clever, you get a little speaker to plug in the front and you put it on your headrest and it performs a test of frequencies and sets up the system. Sound is definetly better. However I notice one of my old 5.25 2 way component Infinity speakers is on its way out. Again 10 years old.

Now a question, I remember when fitting the speakers I needed to cut some metal off the door as they were quite deep and broad. I am thinking about now getting 6.25 2 way components. What depth you think is viable? I need be I can just get some other 5.25s and bang those in. I only fitted them as I took them out my old car before selling.

Scanned the car and need a knock sensor 2 (G66) so will get one of those and fit it over Christmas with a new thermostat.

Also picked up some spare seat bases as I fancy a cheeky fixed back seat to see how it feels. I bought spares so I can make up some frames. As a back up I got some genuine recaro ones as I know these are quite rare so while I had the chance I picked them up.

Got a Miltek of an S4 coming next week too, so will fit the rear and mid section then get a downpipe to mid section made up. I have a straight through mid section so I may be able to use a bit of that. But knowing this car nothing ever is simple!

I will put up some pics of the car with the compomotives on soon. Just leaving them silver over the winter and get them powdered next year. Just as I will kick myself if I get them done and scrape them over the winter.

Got the car mot'd on Monday. Passed as per normal. Today got the miltek s4 centre box and back box fitted along with a full 3" downpipe to the box. Sounds a tiny tiny bit louder at idle and low revs which I pleased about. When giving it some stick its a fair bit louder. Also feels a little more responsive but that could just be me imagining it.

Chucked some new aluminium 25mm spacers on the rear to replace the 20mm steel ones I had. They are so much lighter but have also made a subtle difference to how smooth the ride is on the motorway.

Thinking of finally getting my s4 sides painted and fitted in the near future. Will need a s4 rear to match tho. Won't bother with the s4 front as I prefer the a4 bumper plus I catch my lower occasionally as it is. Really would like to get the lower trim pins shaved off before fitting the sides but just not sure it's worth it so will just fit the s4 door trims I think.

So if anyone has a facelift s4 rear pm me please. Also if anyone is after my bbs rt205s with some worn eagle f1s give me a shout as don't imagine I will ever use them. Going to sell them this year and look for some 18s.

I got it done by stainless creations in Falkirk. Guy was really helpful, was the first 1.8t he had done but he had done a few s4s. Guy took his time and looks a decent job to me, made up a bracket etc which attaches he downpipe to the standard springy support etc. Took around 6 hours and cost £250 all done.

Well thought I would add some recent pics, more for my own records than anything else.

Been a few updates but no pics, so here are the compomotives, exhaust, new headunit and recaro.

As you can see got to really watch the curbs with these wheels. The fronts are pretty scratched but I got them like that and I am considering getting them powdered anthracite like my boleros.

Exhaust is an 3" S4 Milltek system with a custom downpipe.

I need to have a look at lowering the recaro when I get some time as it sits an inch or so higher than I would like.

audi25.jpg

audi26.jpg

audi24.jpg

audi28.jpg

audi27.jpg

audi29.jpg

audi33.jpg

audi35.jpg

audi32.jpg

audi31.jpg

Reactions: Lee Goodall
Looks cool Soupie, are you planning on tracking this in future or is the single Pole just for looks?

I think the wheels would look better a bit darker, not too much thou.

No not tracking, just fancied a tighter seat. Got both the pass and drivers subframes but only bought one seat incase I did not like it. Will get another eventually so it doesn't look daft. The seat is not too extreme, they Recaro market as a bucket for the road.

Yeah I agree with the darker wheels. Won't go black but possibly anthracite. I have not scraped them yet but the last owner scraped the fronts a fair bit so I am scared to get them powdered as guaranteed I will scrape them then!

Loving the M3, my brother has the SMG box on his, love how these drive. Was considering selling up and getting one but decided I like not being in debt more so shelved the idea.

Did a little work to the car yesterday. Gave the car a second coat of underseal, replaced the front speakers as one was beginning to flutter on bass sections of songs. Also fitted a Apikol Rear Diff Mount which makes a subtle difference to the car when coming on and off power. Also managed to get the drivers seat a little lower with a bit of force so a lot happier now I am sitting nice and low. Tomorrow the plan is to clay bar the car and give it a good polish then wax as it has been a while since I last clayed the car.

Well drove the car last week for the first time since May. Felt really nice I must say.

Got the car MOT'd and it failed....for broken springs on the H&R rear coilovers so have bought a set of KW's. Had these on the M3 and the Lupo and think the quality is excellent so bit the bullet and got some. They should be hear next week.

Will strip off the old coilovers and see what condition the fronts are if anyone would like them. The rears are pretty ruined though and obviously need new springs so they will be binned.

Oh and also fitted a new gear knob that I had lying about for a little while. Will post some update pictures soon.

Soupie if you think of a price I may be interested in the set. Perhaps I can locate new springs as I'm in no rush to fit them

Well yesterday I got the car through the MOT as I replaced the rear shocks. I knew the suspension takes a while to change on these cars but I forgot how long. Took me 3 hours to just do the rears! The M3 and Lupo took under 2 and a half hours to do all four shocks.

Anyway here are some pics of the new shocks and the old rears. I will swap the fronts over soon hopefully.

The quality is amazing and even the packaging was all nice compared to other coils I have bought. These are my third set of KWs but first set of V3 ones.

KWbox.jpeg

KWboxopen2.jpeg

KWboxopen.jpeg

KWshocks.jpeg

Nice covers for the rear adjusters

KWrearadj.jpeg

Front Adjusters
KWfrontadj.jpeg

Here are the old H&R titanic spec coils

OldHR.jpeg

Had a couple of spare days last week so used one of them to finish fitting the coilovers to the Audi. Did the rears last month before the MOT was due but ran out of time to get the fronts done.

Here are the rears on

image-4.jpeg

New fronts along with 034 upper adjustable control arms

image1.jpeg

The old fronts. They are a bit rusty but if anyone wants them give me a shout.

image2.jpeg

Most of the time I have been using a little Lupo TDI. I bought it in May and it need a few things fixing. So I fixed those then I made the mistake of going on the Lupo forums. Anyway here is a pic of how it looked. This is by a long way the smallest and least powerful car I have owned. I have enjoyed driving it around town and the B roads a lot however. On the bypass is no fun though but it does feel like it has a bit of poke for 75bhp. I also just put it back to standard as thinking of getting something else to try since the lupo has opened my eyes to smaller cars. I did think Lupo GTI but they are expensive and I think it would feel too similar to the TDI. Currently thinking about a old Clio 172 or Panda 100HP. The Panda seems to get a lot of good reviews and sticks with my idea of a cheaper fun car.

image-5.jpeg

Yeah the roof rack was just as I had been biking that day. I had a cheap generic map on it but only for a week or so as I preferred the lower down lower delivery around town. Think I will try it again though.