Couple of new bits fitted. Few pics.

I would really like a set of MO's. Would want some deeper dish ones.

Mine are not MO's though.

Have seen a couple of A4's with those, Buddyracing's friends silver one with the older MO's and the red wide arched one with the newer MO's.

Both look great.

Hmm i just dont know then! Unless they are OZ, my next guess is Super turismo or along that line.

You guys were pretty close.

They are Compomotive TH2's in 18x8" et35.

They are not black my ones but here are a few pics of what they look like.

DSCF0947.jpg

3772184268_8138abf67d.jpg

compomotive_th2.jpg

Not going to be everyones taste as all but should have a bit of a racer look I think but we will see.

VERY NICE!
tricky to get in 18" though aren't they?

mate of mine has them on a golf gti

NICE mate! Where did u manage 2 dig them up?

Like sumthin a bit different, goin that route myself but havent finalised my wheel choice yet, still a few ideas thou.

I saw them on eBay.

I quite fancied some Team dynamics pro race's too as are pretty light and not very expensive but got these instead.

Anyone looking to see the new wheels may be disappointed.

To cut a long story short I paid for a set of wheels off eBay item no. 260492535050.

I paid for them last Wed and he said he would send on Friday and should arrive on Mon.

They have still not arrived however.

His username on ebay indicated he is called bob. The paypal I paid says he is called Arthur Jones.

I contacted someone who bought off him before and he gave me the chaps postcode as he collected a car from him. He said its a farm in the middle of nowhere where people tune Audi's and said the guy was called Corey and gave me a mobile number.

I call the number and chap says I must have the wrong number.

I have raised a dispute on paypal tonight.

Do you guys think I am being a bit hasty or what?

Afraid not mate, is currently on the anthracite bolero's from over the winter. Just wanting to wear those tyres down so then I can buy some proper winter rubber as the pretty warn eagle F1s were a bit dodgy at times.

Oh infact I bunged 25mm spacers on the rear instead of 20mm a few weeks ago but nothing major.

I clean it every couple of weeks and it now does 4k miles a year so I don't really spend any of my spare cash on it. If I ever get a better job that may change but I would probably put the money towards an old porker I think.

I do really need to get the front painted at some point as its stone chipped to buggery!!

Oh yeah the wheel saga!

Yes paypal gave me my money back.....phew!

I was really gutted to not get the wheels but relieved to get my pennies back. I do not know if they will have managed to recover the money from him but I hope so!!

Cheers for asking!!

4,000 miles a year...? I did just over 3,000 miles in the last 2 months!

I quite liked the Audi accessory wheels from page 2. Are these for sale anywhere now? If so please point me inthe direction of the ad.

i like the look of that. id be tempted to paint the pipes black though.

maybe your old cooler had a leak hence the gain now?!

id leave the bumper, stealth is definately for the win and dressing your car up as something else is just gay

Can't believe its been a year since I posted in this tread. Still got the car, sitting at 86k miles now . Planning to do some work on it in the middle of October as the rear diff seal has started seeping again and the manifold has a hairline crack on the top triangle. So just going to put the original manifold on with original turbo too. If anyone is after the K04 give me a shout. Should still be decent for anyone looking for a turbo, has done between 30 and 35k. I pamper the car and the oil is changed either every year or every 5k which ever comes first (my annual mileage at the moment is 4k). But when I am swapping the manifold I am just going to put the old one back on as I will maybe change my car next year and would want to put it back standard. I may end up keeping the car will just have to see. Bought some dunlop wintersport 3d's last week for over the colder months and a roof rack too for my mountain bike. I have so many bits and bobs for this car but I guess that what happens when you keep a car for over 7 years! Goning to go and see what everyone else has been doing with there cars now. JCB better have that engine fitted now!

Interesting thread. Liking the black FMIC a lot for the stealth look. Good idea. Car looks exceptional.

Get some up to date pics up mate, always liked your car when i joined here......it is the best colour after all! *Wink wink* lol

I will take some when I get a chance. Looks pretty much the same as before to be honest though.

Does anyone have any idea what a used 30-35k miles K04 is worth? Had a couple of users pm me with some interest but not got a clue what its worth.

I'd recon somewhere around £250

Last time i spoke to Scroll it was around £375 for a newly built k03 hybrid, which was more or less the same size as a k04-015.

Swapped back to the original turbo yesterday. I forgot what a fiddle it is.

If anyone is interested in the K04 give me a shout. I gave Kev dibs on it a couple of weeks ago so he can have it if he still wants it.

If anyone is interested in the old manifold give me a shout to. Everyone who has seen it has said it could be drilled then welded but I can not be ***** with the hassle of ever fitting that thing again to be honest.

Noticed I need to replace a cv boot so will do that along with the rear diff in a couple of weeks.

Well going to start stripping bits off the car over the winter.

First to come off will be the coilovers, Hotchki sport anti roll bars, RS2 links, DTS. Hopefully next month.

Will not enjoy using the car with the standard suspension as the car is so much more enjoyable to drive as it feels so much tighter.

Eventually will take off the neuspeed xtreme tip, fmic, maybe the genuine are rest if can swap the trim which gets cut, maybe the 312mm carriers and discs if I still have the original parts, awe tuning boost gauge, supersprint decat.

Does anyone know how easy it is to swap out the ecu chip too?

As I could maybe sell the Star Performance chip which I got 231bhp with the decat and 2.5" system and a graph to prove.

I won't be selling the car until about April I think as gets MOT'd in Feb and may as well use it over the winter. I will be sad to see it go as I will have owned it for 8 years.

Impressive install I always thought you had to lose the fogs when fitting one of these kits

I wont be selling my ecu as I will need that for the car to run. But I have my original chip which I could probably get put back on so could sell the star chip.

I think they were giac maps and I am sure I get 15 psi on my gauge.

I didnt ever get the car remapped for the K04. Star were not interested as my car would be too old and they just wanted easy flash cars. I planned on getting down to MRC but then started thinking should get a bigger turbo if doing that then thought would be easier just buying something with more power to start.

Is yours DBW or cable throttle? Guessing I will need an ECU swap to utilise it. PM me a price when the time comes and we'll see what we can sort :)

Not worried if the turbo dies, good excuse to fit a bigger one or change the car

Oranoco - You looking at doing an ecu/harness swap as iirc you could just use any later 1.8T AEB as there identical to the AJL then just pop the chip out of soupie69uk's ECU be less hassle than trying to get hold of an AJL Ecu/harness.

Well it turns out I am going to keep this car now, mate pulled out as his lodger moved out so he won't have the cash. Quite glad as I was dreading taking all the mods off to be honest. Going to give the car some TLC over the next couple of months.
Get the front painted as the bonnet is fading, bumper is stone chipped and one of the arches was dented a while ago.
Also ordered a panzer plate since my car is quite low and the standard under tray is becoming quite rough and missing a few bits.
Replace a rear diff seal.
Fix my foglight switch.
Fit an ipod cable to the back of my headunit.

Going to take the car off the road until the winter and buy another car to use over the summer. Has anyone any experience with trickle chargers and any other tips? The car is going to be in a workshop under an indoor cover. Planning on just putting some extra air in the tyres, a good coat of wax, leaving the handbrake off, leaving it in neutral and putting in some of those gel things to minimise dampness.

Have I missed anything?

When we used to decommission big diesels for any length of time we would do an oil change after the last shutdown to prevent the old oil deteriorating. Always done that on my petrol's if off the road for a while

Well got a panzer plate for the A4 a week or so ago. Fits alright but think one could be made for about 25% of the cost.

Since my car is quite low I have wanted one for years so glad to finally have it done. Also changed the diff and gearbox oil while the car was on the ramps. I did it at 50k miles and the car has 80k odd now and the price increase of the oil was ridiculous.

The A4 is now indoors and will not be used until Nov, got a day off this week so going to take a trickle charger down to help the battery and give it a good polish then wax and put the cover on it. Will take some pics as threads are much more interesting with them.

On another none A4 related note I got another car to use over this summer and maybe next. Here is a pic beside the A4.

A4M3.jpg

Well had a couple of days off so prepared the A4 for storage. There was an annoying rattle which was coming from the parcel shelf and it turned out the speaker screws had become loose. Then gave the car a good clean, pumped some extra air in the tyres and took the battery out and cleaned underneath too while it was out. I have linked the battery to a charger while the car is off the road.

photo-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Also gave the other car a good clean and bought some bits to make it feel more unique. Changed the chrome grilles to black, removed the 19s and fitted 18s which have been powered black. Hopefully will have some coilovers in the next week or so as well. Plus got a CSL rear diffuser and spacers on their way too.

Here it is all standard.

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg