Couple of LED light swap questions...

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Right I've been looking to swap some of the interior bulbs to LED ... Firstly I noticed my boot lights don't work.... Where is the switch located?
Also how on earth do the visor lights come out? I don't want to butcher the roof lining
one final question... The red light that shines into the centre console is that one I can change to make it brighter?.

boot switch is in the lock iirc, visor lights prise out from the the short side try each side, one side has the connector on it.

done this at the weekend leds look great

mark

Boot light switch is in the boot latch mech, visor lights are a ***** to remove (I am not sure if I posted pics in my LED thread or not)... the clips are on the short sides of the lights

Centre console illumination already is LED lighting... guess you could solder brighter ones in if you wanted to

<tuffty/>

The boot latch will have corroded mate and the connection will be shot, mine was like this, had to remove it and clean out the corrosion and use some thin copper wire to reform a proper connection.

You could fit ambient lighting into the interior light, LEDs are available on eBay and the light is marked on the underside where the LEDs fit, simple but affective mod

Boot light switch is in the boot latch mech, visor lights are a ***** to remove (I am not sure if I posted pics in my LED thread or not)... the clips are on the short sides of the lights

Centre console illumination already is LED lighting... guess you could solder brighter ones in if you wanted to

<tuffty/>

Thanks Paul,
I did refer to your thread but when i went to the car with small screw driver in hand i couldnt work out how it came out without damaging the roof lining

First one I did I bent the clip... had to straighten it before re-fitting... they are not the easiest fo sho..

<tuffty/>

Regards the boot latch... is it the same kind of switch as in the door latchs?
i had to spray that a while back and it seems to work ok now... worth a try first?

Its a micro switch if thats what you mean... should be able to spot it once the plastic boot lid trim panel has been removed

<tuffty/>

Thanks Paul,
I did refer to your thread but when i went to the car with small screw driver in hand i couldnt work out how it came out without damaging the roof lining

This is exactly what I did the other week when I got my LED light kit...

Took the flat head to the sun visor plastic light and I was like literally like that-----> :sadlike: as there was no obvious place to pry it out with and I didn't want to mark the roof lining

Going to give it another go this weekend, but it's relief to see others have had issues fitting what looks like a few simple LEDs as I felt like a right plum :jester:

i must have been lucky with the visor lights no issues but the puddle lights...doorcards off.

mark

Well. Progress, I removed the boot catch and cleaned it out and used wd40 on it... The result .
A working boot light switch!
so then on to the bulb replacement, the difference in the boot is massive !
very happy with that result,
now for the puddle and red door lights... They just pop out like the boot ones?.