Countdown to my A3 - back after 11 years

DaytonaStu

Reaction score
Good morning,

I've been watching in for a while and figured it was time to make my first post ....

It's been 11 years since I sold my A3 8P model only 6 months after taking delivery, due to a change of circumstances.

So, DVLA permitting (or not as the case may be at the moment), I will collect my A3 from the dealership on Friday.

Spec is as follows:
A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback manual
Daytona Grey
Nappa leather
Comfort pack
Heated seats
Light pack
Folding mirrors
Alu roof rails
Privacy glass
10 spoke titanium alloys

I didn't get the chance to test drive a 184 yet and can only imagine the torque. I'm currently driving a Mini Cooper SD (143ps, 305Nm torque) which I believe compares with 184ps and 380Nm on my A3 - how will it compare?

It seems the dealers have been somewhat economical with the truth regarding when they submitted the paperwork for my plate transfer and it's looking like it'll be processed by DVLA today so hopefully just in time for a Friday pick up.

In the meantime, excited
doesn't cut it - I'm even dreaming about my Audi!

Tick tock .... tick tock .... roll on Friday!

Great spec! Got my 184 quattro S tronic S line in Daytona in March. If u are half as pleased with your new car as I am with mine, you'll absolutely love it! The colour is beautiful and classy looking and yes, there's LOTS of torque in the engine! Phenomenal car!

Morning DaytonaStu, Sounds like you have pushed the boat out and went for a very high end spec. I am sure you will be restless between now and Friday.
Like the choice in colour and extras, enjoy the ride on Friday.

Phenomenal car!

.... enjoy the ride on Friday.

Thanks so much for your replies.

Sadly, as I suspected, the dealership have confirmed my worst fears and the DVLA haven't come up with the goods re my cherished plate change.

It's unlikely now I'll get my car before Monday next week at the earliest, the wrong end of the week to be picking up a new car, with no time to try it out properly until the next weekend!

I am sooooo annoyed!

I will be sure to post pic's when I eventually pick it up ....