Couldn't wait any longer. Deposit paid on a A3 Sportback 3.2 Quattro DSG

col6821

Reaction score
Well, that car hunt didn't last long (pity really that's usually the best part). After 7 months of Mini Cooper S ownership (R53, the proper (BMW) one), I've reverted back to the trusted Audi brand and just placed a deposit on a Dec 2004 Sportback 3.2...

The Mini is a great car, but as Wifey is now just over 7 months pregnant (and been adamant that she's keeping the Mini), she's now decided that it will be too small after all. :)

We're changing to an older car, but that doesn't bother me, this will be our 5th VAG brand of car, dunno why we bothered looking anywhere else last time...

Wonder if the TTOC will let me renew my membership? ;)

Now, just need to sell the Mini...

Col

Thanks Sarah, just hope the DSG 'box isn't a disappointment, I've waited ages to get one and haven't driven the one I've bought yet. We had a 3.2 TTR last year and it was a fantastic car, but I got impatient when buying that and got a manual instead of waiting.

Just need rear tinted windows (not too dark), dechromed front grill and some 18's :)

Col

I have been looking at these, will be interested in hearing how you get on with it. I have a 3 door A3 at the moment but the sportback has been growing on me.

wicked car mate youll love it! im using a 3.2 TT at the moment and am addicited to the noise of it... beautiful engine.. the noise is :wub:

Thanks Sarah, just hope the DSG 'box isn't a disappointment, I've waited ages to get one and haven't driven the one I've bought yet. We had a 3.2 TTR last year and it was a fantastic car, but I got impatient when buying that and got a manual instead of waiting.

Just need rear tinted windows (not too dark), dechromed front grill and some 18's :)

Col

You wont be disappointed in the DSG, I love mine to bits! Sure you will have loads of fun in it, open the windows and enjoy the V6 lol Oh yeh, get tints etc, will look great! What colour did you get??

It's brilliant red (I think).

All the ones in my price range seemed to be red, but that's probably because I can only afford a 2004 example. I looked at 3 and this was the best with the lowest mileage, so I'll be happy when it arrives (although my wife uses it in the week and I'm only allowed out at weekends if I've been good) :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Col

Haa haa like to hear she's in charge at your house!!!!

I looked at sportbacks when I was looking and there were very few in my price range too! Lovely looking cars so sure you will love it! Love red!