Could This Be My Boost Leak ?

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
I've been thinking i could have a boost leak for a while now and today i noticed the jubilee clip has cut into this hose (marked in red):

img2011123000436.jpg

Could this be a boost leak or does the one way valve stop that?

Also can i just replace it with some silicone vac hose?

will cause a boost leak.

replace as its the vacuum pipe for your brake servo

will cause a boost leak.

replace as its the vacuum pipe for your brake servo

I thought so....lol I wasn't sure with it being for the brakes that it could cause a boost leak.

Can i just use some silicone vac hose?

Use some brake servo hose so that it won't collapse and cause your brakes to fail. Just search on ebay or alike for 'brake servo hose' and find the correct size. Can you not just cut the damaged part of the existing hose off and then fit it back on if there is enough length on it?

Can you not just cut the damaged part of the existing hose off and then fit it back on if there is enough length on it?

Good thinking batman, ill give that a go :thumbsup:

The reason i wanted to change the hose is because i was going to change all of the hose so i wouldn't need to keep that bolt in there as a plug....lol

Do you know what size hose ill need?

Not sure mate- just measure the id of the original hose. I'd just cut the original damaged part off and join it back up if you can, saves time and money.

I'd just cut the original damaged part off and join it back up if you can, saves time and money.

I'm going to give that a go mate but i would still like to get rid of that Y hose to neaten things up ;)

I tried cutting the hose down today but the plastic tube from the one way valve stopped me from being able to put the hose back on :(

So i found a bit of hose i had laying around ad it was a perfect fit:

The hose i had is on the right....lol

Do you think this will be ok as the original hose doesn't even look like servo hose.

OVer a very short length it'll be fine. It's over longer lengths where you need to use proper vacuum tubing as normal hoses can collapse under vacuum

OVer a very short length it'll be fine. It's over longer lengths where you need to use proper vacuum tubing as normal hoses can collapse under vacuum

Is there a picture of the hoses you need to ckeck....i've gotta do mine at some point cos i refuse to believe that whistling is the carbonio

your soon find out if it doesn't hold.

as when i has my car mapped it caused the pipe to pop of the manifold (one your having problems with) as it popped the old clips off. which caused the brake pedal to go hard (due to no vacuum) and stalled the engine.

Thanks guys ;)

I couldn't find anywhere that sells 13mm servo hose so I've had to order it online.

This one should hold out until it shows up (i hope).