Could this be causing no boost?

A3 NICK

BOOOOOOOOOST!!!
Reaction score
Hi All, went for a drive this morning and noticed my boost gauge was only reaching 5 psi :wtf: obviously I started panicking immediately! Looked under the bonnet and found this! Am I right in saying that those wires are going to the N75 valve? Also has anyone ever seen this happen before? should I replace the whole loom or just bodge it back together? :sos: 20130531 1534351

Yes, this is why you have no boost... fairly common problem too... plugs are available (inexpensively) from a dealer/TPS... they do repair kits IIRC or you could try taking the plug apart and solder it back on...

<tuffty/>

Thanks <tuffty/> If i go to a dealer what exactly should i ask for?

Nick

Not sure off hand... never done it personally but there is a part number on the plug so you could start from there....

<tuffty/>

Ironically....arrived at Bills this morning and spotted the following on the bench...

20130601 091934

Bill said they are £3.50 + vat + postage

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Scullies
Reactions: Scullies
i asked at audi and they said such thing wasn't available. my bro bought a a3 with low boost for silly money, i scanned it prior to buying it and quickly found the same problem, and obviously didnt inform the seller till it was signed over lol

so we got two mini blade terminals and slid them on the connectors and then put a dab of hot glue inside to keep them still. been working last 3 months now. but ill pm you tuffty. to find out how to get one,