Could it be the timing?

cjsuk

Reaction score
I have a 1.8t Aum 2001 A3, a bit ago I read the fault codes and and 2 codes came up for coolant temp sensor and cam position sensor. I replaced both and reset the light.

All was well for a week or so untill a couple of days ago the light came on again saying cam position sensor and too lean bank1 one.

sooo, I was wondering if the timing could be out as a new timing belt, pully and alternator has been fitted (by previous owner).

What do you reckon?

Oh and tommorow I get my coil packs replaced by audi Leeds as recall work ha ha 11yr old car and 4 owners later and apparently it includes valet, bulb check replace as nessecerry and full fluids check and top up oh and a lift back home whilst the work is been done! all for freeeee lol.

Cheers

good links, thanks

I cleaned the maf after the codes popped up and put a k&n panel filter so might reset and see if that cleares the p0171 then check other bits.

As for the cps all the cables and connections are good.

Looks like it will be the long process of replace, clear, test, replace, clear test.................

I do want a hose kit Just to rule boots leaks out etc as they are common , silicone or oem but on a budget can you recommend any er "cheap ones" i cant find any below £129.

cheers tuffty, so if i go by ross tech it will be the timing as the cables and sensors check out ok and i presume if the timing is out this can cause oxygen fuel related errors.

I will get timing checked next pay day :)

I had the same fault code when I had my AUM a3 1.8t. The cambelt was replaced but timing was out by a tooth, which brought up the error. Replaced the Camshaft position sensor etc with no joy.

After the timing was corrected the error code went away.

Does anyone know anyone who can check and if out, do the timing propperly in the Leeds area for a good price?? I only know volksworks and obviously audi which will charge a fortune.