1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

costco dash cam?? any good?

Luke2.0tdi2010 Sep 18, 2015

1. Luke2.0tdi2010

Luke2.0tdi2010 Active Member

Sorry if this product has already been reviewed on here but could someone tell me what they think of this camera. As far as I can see the picture quality seems pretty good but just wondering if you can charge it up and then put it in the windscreen as I'd rather not have wires hanging out all over the place. Any feedback welcome.
    Thanks in advance,
    Luke

http://m.costco.co.uk/view/p/nextba...-neoprene-case-bundle-model-nbdvr402-g-187486

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. s3_trev

s3_trev Northern Ireland Team Brill Red Gold Supporter Audi S3

4. s3_trev

Quite a few other videos there as well. Sorry if you have already watched them all.

5. Luke2.0tdi2010

Luke2.0tdi2010 Active Member

Hi, thanks for video I hadn't seen it seems fine picture wise.
    Do you know if you have to have it plugged into cigarette lighter whenever you are using it, or can you charge it and use it without all the wires hanging down?

Cheers

6. s3_trev

Generally with dash cams, the preferred option is to actually hard wire it into the car mate. There are a few threads on here about just that.

You would normally wire it into the fuse box, then run the lead nicely up the A pillar, across the roof cloth, and then down behind your rear view mirror and plug into the dash cam. This is really the only option if you want a neat and reliable job to be honest. No use batteries running out just before a major incident!

Luke2.0tdi2010 likes this.