Corrupt SD Card

Jameze

James
Reaction score
Hello chaps,

Anyone had any experience with corrupt SD Cards before??

I've managed to corrupt the SD Card from my RNSE and now all my music has gone!!

I think it's because I used a so-called "Integral" USB SD Card Reader from... eBay! It clearly must be fake and has just wiped / corrupted the card. It's the second card it's done this to now, the first being my Blackvue memory card. I lost my original SD Card reader which came with the Blackvue camera and worked flawlessly :(

So anyway, now when I put the card into my RNSE it says it is corrupt. When I put it into my computer (still using that stupid reader from eBay) it says "The drive isn't formatted. Would you like to format it now?"

Has anyone had this before and managed to successfully recover their files?? I've tried various bits of software but had no luck (they don't even find any files to recover).

Additionally... can anyone recommend a USB SD Card reader that actually WORKS!?!

FML.

Last edited:
I've decided to cut my losses and just format the card without bothering to try and recover the data seeing as though it's only songs and not irreplaceable photos of my beautiful face or anything. I used a different card reader which I borrowed from someone and it worked flawlessly so that was definitely the problem.

I'm now going to throw away my stupid eBay "Genuine" Integral USB SD Card Reader and buy something else from an actual reputable website.

Let my misfortune be a lesson for anyone else on here that might make the same mistake! :)

Happened to me once before, ended up having to re-format the card and start over.

On the other hand, how good is it having and SD card as opposed to burning CDs!? :happy: