Correct steering wheel harness?

LukeyC

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I've changed my wheel from this:
ff4865bd0381cea912d480c3e1c91c58.jpg

To this:
4da21d55d35e728ff0c8118b563d522e.jpg

However I had to modify the harness, and clearly I'm crap at soldering because none of the buttons, paddles, or horn work.

I just want to buy the correct one to fit this wheel - can someone tell me what I need please?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Really, No one has made this modification?

I would have thought it would be very popular! :)

Reactions: James.B8
You have to change the horn connector to a smaller one, and split off the ground wire to make a second one.

Seemed simple enough, but mine didn't work. No paddles, no multifunction, no horn.

Sounds like the connector behind the airbag has came loose, I previously fitted a MFFB Streering wheel to my old A4 b8, the airbag harness came with the steering wheel when purchased, it had already be modified to fit my car, wires were modified as you described in the above post.

I'd check the mentioned connector to see if it's secure, damaged ect. Maybe even get it checked for faults via VCDS.

JG

Thanks JG,

do you mean the yellow one with the green clip, or the black one?

I'd check all the connections, but it's the black/dark grey one inside the steering wheel, that's the one that all the steering wheel functions connected to, if I remember right, it has 3 or 4 thin wires coming from it. When I fitted mine, it was a PITA to get it to connect properly due to it being a bit short, think the old steering wheel wire had just a wee bit more length.
JG

Reactions: LukeyC
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Reactions: RS5 JON