Correct part number for AFB injectors

two left feet

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just collecting the parts i need for the summer 280 bhp upgrade on my 2002 2.5 TDi AKE.
First I need to check the part number for the AFB injectors i just found on Ebay.
5 x 059130201E
1x 059130202E
this sound right ?
Autobahn here I come.
regards from Heidelberg
Andrew

Hi All,
Just collecting the parts i need for the summer 280 bhp upgrade on my 2002 2.5 TDi AKE.
First I need to check the part number for the AFB injectors i just found on Ebay.
5 x 059130201E
1x 059130202E
this sound right ?
Autobahn here I come.
regards from Heidelberg
Andrew
The injector with the needle lift sensor PN 059130202E is fob AKE BAU BDH engins (180 HP). The five remaining PN 059130201E is for AKN AFB engins (150HP)

Amiram, thanks for the details. I will then look for a complete set of 059130201E then.
Andrew

Hi All,
5 x 059130201E
1x 059130202E
this sound right ?
Autobahn here I come.
regards from Heidelberg
Andrew

Hi Andrew, I'm intrigued by what you are doing, could you provide any more info? Custom engine map i assume?

Hi Andrew, I'm intrigued by what you are doing, could you provide any more info? Custom engine map i assume?
Hi AR-rKon,
I have followed the threads from fjtwelve and Adamss24 and Diffas, and as I do a weekly run down the German autobahns (the unlimited type) I was intrigued to get some more horse power. ( and torque)
I went through the mods on suspension, (eibach / Bilstein), upgraded the front brakes to 320 mm (from 2.7T), sway bars (H&R) Sachs upgraded clutch and double mass flywheel, and even had the cams replaced.
I have been looking for a daily drive 280 bhp solution which is a "sleeper" and must be reliable.
As for the injectors I have bought a set of AFB injectors and a set of Bosio 683 nozzles. I will get Diesel Bob to set them up properly. Hybrid turbo I wanted to get from Chris( Adamms24) with GT 2260 innards but It sounds like he is snowed under currently, so I will see is the Guys at Fin Turbo can help out.
In terms of the remap, I will see if I can get a ECU map file from somewhere and simply flash my ECU, I did a trial run with a Blacksmoke file which worked like a charm (200-220 bhp).
I have additionally gutted the DPF, and bought a Allroad Intercooler and 4bar flow sensor.
There you have it. As soon as I get the Turbo I will look around for a remap. So I may look around for someone on the forum who has done the same upgrade and can download the file from their ECU.
Regards and wish me luck!
Andrew

Reactions: PAULF and All-rod
Well, best of luck to you then. How is the engine currently running no issues I presume?
I f not a secret where did you get the nozzles, thought they were extinct?

I just bought the nozzles from a firm in Portugal. No issues and they were rather cheap (350 euro delivered). Engine is running fine, lots of miles (280 k kilometers ) but mostly on the autobahn. The remap ECU file from Blacksmoke which I uploaded to my a ECU works quite nicely, until I get the new turbo and nozzles installed. :)

I just bought the nozzles from a firm in Portugal. No issues and they were rather cheap (350 euro delivered). Engine is running fine, lots of miles (280 k kilometers ) but mostly on the autobahn. The remap ECU file from Blacksmoke which I uploaded to my a ECU works quite nicely, until I get the new turbo and nozzles installed. :)
Sorry I forgot, the company I got the nozzles from is called Santerchips. Got the delivery 3 days after ordering.

Reactions: All-rod
Thanks for that it is nice to know, I hope their quality is good otherwise it will be many hours wasted messing about if they do not perform as should...
Will be interesting to see how they run on yours ;)
Out of curiosity how is Blacksmoke map under 2000rpm, does the car pull well without judder, economy wise?

We will have to wait and see about the Bosio nozzles, but it seems to be the best choice based on the feedback I have read for the past few years. The Blacksmoke remap is quite nice even under 2000 rpm. Bear in mind that with the manual gearbox 1st gear is a towing gear only, ( lots of revs, no forward motion) but the fun starts once you hit 2nd.

Reactions: Arrkon
Race nozzles are very, very large- i would not recommend them on a car with automatic gearbox. The pp683 are not available anymore and to be honest the race nozzles supplied from Santerchips were hit and miss, had 3 sets of nozzles from him and they were over-fueling...

Race nozzles need loads of fuel pulling from the map under 2000rpm's, they will smoke otherwise...

Andrew, i have a turbo for you just very, very little time mate ! I am planning to weld them alloy hard pipes this week or early next week when i find a few spare hours...

Chris, Fantastic to hear that you can sort out the hybrid turbo fo me.
I am running a manual gearbox, so no issues there. I took the nozzles out of the box and they are genuine Bosio race 683, so hopefully quality is not the issue. WIll need a good remap to avoid the smoke.

We will have to wait and see about the Bosio nozzles, but it seems to be the best choice based on the feedback I have read for the past few years. The Blacksmoke remap is quite nice even under 2000 rpm. Bear in mind that with the manual gearbox 1st gear is a towing gear only, ( lots of revs, no forward motion) but the fun starts once you hit 2nd.

I'm also runnin a blacksmoke map, I have however made some alterations myself. But even as standard from BS, the map pulled well in all gears :icon thumright:

just some mods to pATM, smoke limiter, torque limiter, n75 etc, The blacksmoke maps are conservative and "safe" just felt there was a little room for improvement at my own risk. I'm not a master tuner by any stretch of the imagination... lol

Just been doing some reading up on pop pressure, with the AFB / bosio race 683 combo. I really don't want to have idle shudder or excessive smoke at take off, any ideas where to shoot for? According to one of Chris' posts, standard AFB injector pressure should be OK.

You won't have the same idle noise as with the stock AKE nozzles but it should idle fine if you keep the pop pressures close to stock ! You will need a very good map in order to minimize smoke under 2000rpm's- fortunately for you I have already done the hard work a few years ago ! What fuel pump do you have, 3 plungers or 2 ?

I thought I had the 3 piston version, (2002 AKE) but I would have to check the numbers on the pump to be sure. Stamped onto the cast piece is "150392 18:15 45 " under this I see a clear "2.1" (number are not very clear)
I guess the 2.1 is a little ominous.
On the barcode is "028101088900680192066A"

I would be very surprised if you had the 3 plungers one, even later allroads have the 2 plunger type from 2002 on regardless of engine ! Sometimes you can see a L or an E written with blue or yellow marker on the top EDC cover, E stands for 3 plunger pump ! My 51 reg a6 (fjtwelve old car) had the L pump, my old W reg allroad had the E pump...

Just noted the big blue "L".
Does this also stand for loser if I want my 280 ponies?

Ok, just found Chris' reference to the 2 or 3 piston fuel pump. The 3 piston version dumps too much fuel at idle (leading to unstable idle) whereas the 2 piston doesn't. So I am still good to go.

It's not quite like that, the 3 plunger nozzles will inject fuel at a greater pressure up the rev band. With large nozzles you get poor atomisation as the revs increase and pressure in the pump drops, the 3 plunger pump is designed to move a little more fuel however the L pumps have a higher working pressure heads and can keep up relatively easy with fuel delivery.

As the fueling maps are housed inside the pump EDC a tuner cannot modify them so the only way to tune the old v6 tdi lumps is by altering duration maps, however with too much fuel on idle the pump will have too much trouble keeping a steady idle and fuel quantity injected under 2000rpm's needs addressing. Race nozzles are very big so the pump will inject 50 Mg/stroke + another 80% more fuel which it does not know because of the larger nozzles !

Anyway, the fuel system has it's own limitations and you find out the in tank pump and fuel lines cannot keep up with the demand and shuts the pump down...

You will get your target quite easily with race nozzles and L pump, however the choice of turbo is also important as with large turbos comes lag but you get so much more midrange and top end !

Reactions: two left feet
Chris, thanks for the detail description. I'm impressed by how much you know about these engines.
Let me know how the turbo is going :)
Andrew

Stalled at the moment. Have been busy looking (eBay here in Germany) for AKE injector with plug/ connector (oval) to use with the AFB lift sensor injector. I don't want to have to destroy my actual AKE injectors. Went to Audi and they simply stared at me like I was another crazy "auslander". Does anyone know if you can get these plugs from Bosch?
Thanks from Germany

Just though i would share the parts list to date..
IMG 0911
IMG 0912
IMG 0913
IMG 0914
IMG 0915
IMG 0912

• race 683 nozzles with AFB injectors
  • 4 bar pressure sensor
  • high pressure silicon tubing plus Mikalor clamps
  • Allroad Intercooler with solids ends

Still waiting on parts, but i had the car on a dyno yesterday and have the "before" perfoemance. (printouts below) Interestingly the car has the DPF removal and a Blacksmoke remap. Power comes on a little earlier thaan stock, but does not exceed stock output, while the torque comes on early and peaks at 415. The tuner (who was no diesel expert) noted the oscillation in the output (HP/Nm) between 2-3000 rpm but could not comment. I would be interested to know any opinion
IMG 0305

There are so many fuel limiters, torque limiters and smoke limiters no wonder why the blacksmoke map did not deliver ! Have seen a few maps before with just driver wish raised even from a few pro's...

There are so many fuel limiters, torque limiters and smoke limiters no wonder why the blacksmoke map did not deliver ! Have seen a few maps before with just driver wish raised even from a few pro's...
Thanks Chris, I thought as much. I was using the Blacksmoke remap simply as a trial to test the Galletto leads and ECU flashing process, which in itself was a success. My concern is that there is something to learn from the charts (limitations) moving forward, to make the job easier once i get your Hybrid and the race nozzles installed later....
Andrew

Thanks Chris, I thought as much. I was using the Blacksmoke remap simply as a trial to test the Galletto leads and ECU flashing process, which in itself was a success. My concern is that there is something to learn from the charts (limitations) moving forward, to make the job easier once i get your Hybrid and the race nozzles installed later....
Andrew

Hi Andrew, are you really keen to have a hybrid on ? Reason is that i never tested the gt2260v to destruction, so far they are very reliable but i am yet to see what sort of EGT a sustained 200Km/hour will bring to attention. I could bring a gtb2260vk modded to fit the AKE engine, currently running one on my "new" allroad and had this running on my old allroad for a while. I think a gtb2260vk will be a better match for race 683 nozzles and leave more scope for tuning if you find 300 Bhp is not enough... Leaving for Romania this Friday so i could stop by your place and even fit it for you if you wish... The install looks pretty stock and even the engine cover fits with a bit of a fettle...
IMG 6631
IMG 6632
IMG 6651
IMG 6652

Hi Andrew, are you really keen to have a hybrid on ? Reason is that i never tested the gt2260v to destruction, so far they are very reliable but i am yet to see what sort of EGT a sustained 200Km/hour will bring to attention. I could bring a gtb2260vk modded to fit the AKE engine, currently running one on my "new" allroad and had this running on my old allroad for a while. I think a gtb2260vk will be a better match for race 683 nozzles and leave more scope for tuning if you find 300 Bhp is not enough... Leaving for Romania this Friday so i could stop by your place and even fit it for you if you wish... The install looks pretty stock and even the engine cover fits with a bit of a fettle...
View attachment 61103 View attachment 61104View attachment 61105 View attachment 61106
Chris, great to here. I am home Friday afternoon till SUnday morning so all good. So please drop by and we will go ahead as planned. THe nozzles are still with Deisel Bob, (pity) but I would like to go ahead witt the 2260. Let me know what you need (and if i can pay you in Euros). Do you need an overnight stay? we have a spare bed if so. Love to meet you and have a chat (BBQ and beer too) regs
Andrew

That gtb2260vk looks the real deal Chris. Will be undectable under the cover. I do sit on 200+ kph quite often, so we can have a chat about the EGT when I see you. I don't need the car next week in any case so if you can help do the turbo install I would greatly appreciate it. Excited greetings from Germany

No probs Andrew, will get all necessary bits ready for the trip, will see you some time saturday afternoon... You ca run the larger turbo without bother and i can flash a suitable map too but you will need to add nozzles for true gains...

Chris all good, I will see you at home on Saturday afternoon. I Sent my address by PM earlier this year, if you need it again just tell me.

Hi Andrew, got a box here with bits ready for you, booking trip tonight for early morning so i hope to see you tomorrow afternoon... I have used my allroad to mock up the kit, i hope that all will fit well, turbo might need some slight adjustments for the stop screw/actuator as it's a bit tight... Could not finish doing everything on my car as i only have fitted 3x race nozzles and too busy to do the rest.

I have the turbo, alloy boost pipes, modified steel boost pipe, downpipe, adapter to fit the turbo, nuts, bolts, gaskets, silicone connectors and mikalor clamps. I have seen some joining hoses in your pictures, i will bring a few just in case, i will take mine back if they are not needed. I hope that the right hand side boost pipe will fit without issues, on the allroad there are a few more components on that side and it's rather tight- i do that piece in 2 with a coupler in between, however i had it done in one piece on a6. Good night and hope to see you well tomorrow... Regards,

Chris

Update! Chris dropped by (in Germany) and installed the gtb2260vk, downpipe and the boost pipes...had to work a little to get in in.
The oil line needs a new (flexi) line at some time, but it starts to look serious. Injectors will arrive next week from Diesel Bob, and i have ordered a 4 bar MAP from Darkside. Getting really close now...(and I am ****** excited i can tell you)..

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 637
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 591
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 582
  • IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 657
Thanks Andrew, it was nice meeting you and work on your car ! See you in 2 weeks time, just got in Romania and stopped for a meal in a nice restaurant on the Danube shore, just checked emails... See you in 2 weeks time...

Great to see you're still at it, European style too... I finished fitting my manifolds and link pipes yesterday, have had them ceramic coated, new suspension set up, four wheel alignment later this week hopefully, then she'll be on test....
with some luck, you will be able to leave cars alone for two weeks....

Installed the Allroad full aluminum FMIC today, and had to rework some mounts for the covers and oil lines etc. All good. Found a load of rubbish stuck to the radiator, so all clean. This week i get the injectors from Diesel Bob, and Chis comes by on the weekend to finish the job with me. Getting really excited.

Attachments

• IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 573