Correct AMI MMI 2nd Gen to 30 pin iPod Cable

gary_a4_quattro

Reaction score
Hopefully someone may be able to point me on the right direction on this !?!

Purchased a Goliton AMI to Apple 30pin iPod cable via Amazon ( this one )

I t was with great anticipation that I plugged all in and with a metaphoric drum roll, went into the Media setting to select AMI to be greeted with something along the lines of " your device may not be connected or working correctly " displayed on the screen :grumpy: Checked the plugs were fully home and retested and still no joy....

Now, I may well have dropped a bit of a clanger, the description isn't too clear as too whether the cable I bought is for 3rd gen or 2nd gen MMI, or indeed, if there is a difference at all ?

I don't have another 30 pin apple device to confirm the iPod is working correctly ( it functions fine and syncs ok when plugged into the computer ) nor do I have another car with AMI to test the lead in.

So to cut a long story short - Do I have the correct lead, is there a difference between the 2nd and 3rd gen leads ?

Car ( reg'd Jan '09 ) has AMI installed in the glove box with MMI 2nd Gen, trying to connect an iPod 80Gb Classic,

Thanks in advance

Had a bit of time to do some further hunting and found this on ' I Am Audi ' here

Details the various AMI cables with OE part nos; it seems I need a 4F0 051 510 L cable - now try to find a reasonably priced option, the OE part I feel is just a tad too pricey !!

Whereabouts are you? I've got a 30 pin that come with mine (2g) that I'm never going to use now as replaced mine with a USB and hard drive.

You're welcome to collect if anywhere near Kent or can send for price of postage but don't know when I can get to post office next to send.

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro
No worries, will just gather dust otherwise

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro
Any cables needed, I sell genuine ami cables on eBay pm for details