Correct 19" Wheel/tyre offset

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi All,

What is the correct offset for 19" wheels for the B8?

What is the best tyre size?

I'm looking at getting some Genuine Black Edition wheels. Does anybody know the code for the alloys?

And would the A5 or TT ones be the same as the A4 Black Edition ones and fit ok?

Many Thanks

Correct offset is ET43
Tyres 255/35 x 19
Part no 8KO 601 025 AR ( taken from eBay listing so advisable to confirm with Audi)
A5 wheels have different offset but correct bore diameter, not 100% sure but seem to recall offset is ET32
TT wheels have different offset and smaller bore diameter.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Hmmm.....so A5 alloys would be the same size and its just the tyre offset that is different? (weird considering they are the same car underneath!)

Hmmm.....so A5 alloys would be the same size and its just the tyre offset that is different? (weird considering they are the same car underneath!)

Just a word of caution here before anyone parts with any money for A5 alloys for their A4.
A5 wheel offsets are generally lower (ie have more "poke") and whilst an A5 offset for the 19 rims is usually either et29 or et32 depending on the style of rim and sounds almost manageable (although personally I think any less than et33 starts to protrude too much on the front of an A4, particularly if the tyre has a thick rim protector) you need to consider that A5 19" rims usually have a width of 9" as oposed to the A4's 8.5 inch 19" rims - the only exception being the split y wheels on the earlier sports that had a higher off set. That half inch is an extre 6.7mm on either side of the rim, so effectively it would look like an 8.5 wheel with an offset of et29 - 6.7 ie et23... way too much poke on the front, you'd need RS4 wings/arches!
When talking "et" figures you can't do this in isolation, you've got to consider the width too.

I've been looking at this recently as I'm keen to fit the 20" A5 split 7 spokes (et 29 and 9") as I love the dish...and a challenge! I even bought a damaged one to size up, but despite all my efforts I cant see that the off set issue can be overcome and the same will be true with the 19"

If only it were the other way around with a high off set it would be easily over come with spacers, but removing metal from the back of the wheel hub to increase the offset is a no no.

Ian

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Spot on Ian!:thumbsup: Just the kind of advice I was after so thank you for that. I will bide my time then and wait and get some B8 Black Edition alloys then.

No problem.... and if Ican find a way to make those 9" et29's fit I'll let you know!!!

Well I managed to buy 2 Genuine Audi A4 B8 Black Edition 19" ET43 8KO601025AR alloys so far. Just need to get another 2!

Yes 66.1... and thats the same on the a5 too.
OE wheels have a beveled edge around the bore too, which matches the corresponding bevel on the hub to ensure they sit centrally to minimise wobble.

Just to give you an idea ,im running 19 inch 245/35/19 ET35 with no issues.

i have created a thread for this but you guys seem to be right to ask,
picked up a new set of rims yesterday (https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/zu...esign-royal-silver-9-j-x-19-8j0071499--w90-14) before i go and have the centre bored out anyone know if they will fit being:
Rim size: 9 J x 19
Wheel offset: 52 mm
For tyre size 255/35 R19.

they were made for a TTrs which as it turned out has smaller centre bore (which i didn't know before buying) so before i have them machined out do people know if they will 100% fit in the arches, i have an A4 B8 Quattro Sline on standard S line suspension. i know if i got spacers the ET would be reduced but i ideally don't want spacers.
Thanks in advanced :)

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 988
Those are my fave alloys of all time. I had no idea that the centre bore was different.

Hi Guys.
I am new to the modding scene.
I have an Audi A5 2013 Sportback 2.0TDI.

I want to get some 19" concave Rotors (OEM) for the car.
This whole offset business is really confusing. lol

I have found some: 8K0601025AR alloys with 255/35ZR19 tyres.

1. Are these the concave rotors? How can i work that out without viewing?
2. Will they fit my car.

Thanks

I am not sure but there could be one set with more concave but those are 8.5 inch wide and ET25, if my memory serves me correct.

These are the ones.
Does anyone know the code?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Sorry I can’t help with codes but you would be better posting in the A5/S5 forum and people will be better placed to point you in the right direction. I do know the A5 has much more arch room than our A4s unfortunately