Cornering Lights via Front Fog Lights?

rickypj

Reaction score
Can this be done on a 07MY car?

Cornering Lights via Front Fog Lights or would i need a new CECM

I think ive seen Seats and VWs the same age with it.

Would be a nice mod as i think it looks a treat!

I would also like to do this and see how its done so i can do it on mrs seat leon

Well if it helps at all i've had it activated in VCDS on my car but it's a 61 plate. As long as headlights are on the independant fog will light up according to the steering angle. Not sure if it activates when indicating before actually turning, don't think it does.

It wont work on earlier cars, facelifts with the newer CE board can be coded to work yes.

Well if it helps at all i've had it activated in VCDS on my car but it's a 61 plate. As long as headlights are on the independant fog will light up according to the steering angle. Not sure if it activates when indicating before actually turning, don't think it does.
yes it does :D
had it for a while, then got bored and turned it off.

It wont work on earlier cars, facelifts with the newer CE board can be coded to work yes.
What if you get a new ce on a prefacelift? i guess k ce wont do it as its from a pre facelift?

Come again, I've got all the latest modules on my car & it doesnt work for me, latest gateway, ce etc

This is a whole new discovery, Ryan we need to talk.

Well I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to VCDS Nigel, but whatever you need & as long as you don't mind baby steps then I'm happy to help.

So what did you do to enable it then, just VCDS coding. what was the coding so i can try as it may work on early cars after all :)

Chris

Sorry I don't know as Trups did mine. It was one of the options and seemed very straight forward along with LED tail lights on with LED DRLs, gauges to light up, not just needles on ignition, tear drop sweep of rear wiper.

Ref newer CE on mid 08 onwards cars:

I have researched the new CE fitment to a prefacelift car, it is a massive job, 1 I have made spreadsheets for & still working out if its possible overall, the wiring involved is vast with 150 wires alone to change over along with merging the ce with the conv module, I plan to do at some point if I have time as it would take a week & would be based on a test run not permanent at 1st, massive job.

Well I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to VCDS Nigel, but whatever you need & as long as you don't mind baby steps then I'm happy to help.

Could you email me an autoscan of your car Ryan please, as I have even facelift modules on my car, so why mine didnt work is strange.

Ref newer CE on mid 08 onwards cars:

I have researched the new CE fitment to a prefacelift car, it is a massive job, 1 I have made spreadsheets for & still working out if its possible overall, the wiring involved is vast with 150 wires alone to change over along with merging the ce with the conv module, I plan to do at some point if I have time as it would take a week & would be based on a test run not permanent at 1st, massive job.
I'm too faint hearted for that lol, unless the new model uses an upgraded version of the newer CE. :think:

works on facelift but pre 2010 when the ce was changed also works on seat leon on 57 year .plus golf mk5 same year .cornering lights

works on my 08 plate 170 and Missus 57plate 1.9 TDI, both have the factory CECM, just coding, ive also coded loads of mk5s for this aswell

works on my 08 plate 170 and Missus 57plate 1.9 TDI, both have the factory CECM, just coding, ive also coded loads of mk5s for this aswell

Just seen your post Phil, my car has a high CECM but it's a 2006 (55 plate), you think it can be activated on mine?

Just seen your post Phil, my car has a high CECM but it's a 2006 (55 plate), you think it can be activated on mine?

my CECM is a 8P0 907 279 K, whats your part number dude?

my CECM is a 8P0 907 279 K, whats your part number dude?

Now I'm stuck lol last time I got it on a computer my mate said I can do bi xenon retrofit on this CECM and that it was a high one, I think the last letter was N but not sure

Now I'm stuck lol last time I got it on a computer my mate said I can do bi xenon retrofit on this CECM and that it was a high one, I think the last letter was N but not sure

when you get chance post up your part number :)

I think this looks a bit weird, like a bulb's out when only one side lights up! If you want proper cornering lights buy a car with moving lights, otherwise this looks poorman as the fogs are fixed, so you may awell either just swith them on and have both "corners" always lit or leave them off IMO

I think this looks a bit weird, like a bulb's out when only one side lights up! If you want proper cornering lights buy a car with moving lights, otherwise this looks poorman as the fogs are fixed, so you may awell either just swith them on and have both "corners" always lit or leave them off IMO

The cornering lights actually moves with the steering wheel? I didn't know that, now I'm a bit curious as to how it'll look on fixed lights lol

the cornering lights work on pre and post facelift cars and it does look a bit odd sometimes when only one fog is iluminated as the steering wheel is turned . tbh you dont even notice there on as xenon lights seem to drown out the fog lights anyway.

From year 2007

1. 09-Cent. Elect.
2. Coding - 07
3. Long Coding Helper
4. Byte 23
5. Bit 3-4
6. Choose "08 Turn Lights via Fog Lights"

From year 2012

Cornering Lights while driving
1. 09-Cent. Elect.
2. Coding - 07
3. Long Coding Helper
4. Byte 14
5. Enable Bit 7

Reactions: Craig-P and Mujnu
From year 2007

1. 09-Cent. Elect.
2. Coding - 07
3. Long Coding Helper
4. Byte 23
5. Bit 3-4
6. Choose "08 Turn Lights via Fog Lights"

From year 2012

Cornering Lights while driving
1. 09-Cent. Elect.
2. Coding - 07
3. Long Coding Helper
4. Byte 14
5. Enable Bit 7

So it can't be done pre 2007? :/

not had chance to try on anything less than a 2007 . but for theyt few mins it takes to do if you have vcds then its worth a shot . just go on the 2007 instructions. see if the option is there in the long coding