Copy of invoices.

brm180

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Is it possible to get a copy of invoices from Audi. I have managed to get the basics but nothing showing any warranty work which was carrird out before i bought the car . The dealership who carried out the work say they cant send info because of data protection.
Audi uk dont keep any records so they told me. Would this be correct.

Thanks.

I tried to do this too . I wanted to find out if the car had had any serious issues . They wouldn't give me the information. If you manage to gwt it out of them would love to know how =)

Hi.. i managed to get some info re servicing , dates etc but no copy of invoices. My car had a new g/box under warranty and the service dept told me the turbo was also replaced but they cant give me any paperwork showing this.

Hi.. i managed to get some info re servicing , dates etc but no copy of invoices. My car had a new g/box under warranty and the service dept told me the turbo was also replaced but they cant give me any paperwork showing this.
Was that off the My Audi site? https://my.audi.com/

I managed to get a print of the services carried out by audi albeit minimal information . I noticed warranty and gearbox was in the text.. when i emailed the audi dealership today i asked what warranty work was done..i knew about the g/box but he confirmed the turbo was replaced at the same time.. no other info available..

What value are these to you anyway? If the works been done under warranty, then you know it’s been done. Not sure what you intend to do with these invoices, but given GDPR changes etc.... it’s very hard to get this as it will contain personal info for the previous owner.

Any car i have owned i have always kept invoices . If for example my car recieved a new waterpump housing prior to me buying the car and it started leaking water again then i could at least go back to Audi and say that they replaced the pump 8 months ago and its leaking again.. i have no idea if my waterpump has been replaced as they will not give me a copy of any work carried out on my car.

I cannot see why they cannot supply a copy and black out personal details of previous owner.
When you buy an approved car at inflated price due to a full service history, then you are paying for the historyand you expect a copy of it.

Colin

Any car i have owned i have always kept invoices . If for example my car recieved a new waterpump housing prior to me buying the car and it started leaking water again then i could at least go back to Audi and say that they replaced the pump 8 months ago and its leaking again.. i have no idea if my waterpump has been replaced as they will not give me a copy of any work carried out on my car.

I have done the same when getting work done myself, but like yourself have not always got paperwork from previous owners. On my 8P I did manage to get of warranty papers from the dealership you completed the work, but that was around 5 years ago and things are a lot different nowi guess.

Things like service history and warranty work can easily be confirmed via a phone call to Audi as you’ve already found out, so I wouldn’t be too worried about any warranty issues as it’s all on the system.

Most indies however do not allow warranty on their work to be transferred to the new owner, unless you agree it with them prior to selling the car which I doubt most people do, so Audi won’t have copies of this anyway, say for example of the previous owner used an Indi to replace the water pump as in your example above.

I went into a dealership last week and got a copy of works carried out, it was in the previous owner's name (my colleague so I know who they are anyway!) but they were able to give me a printout of the works with the customer's details cut off the top

Funny how 1 dealer will do this but others wont.. they cant even tell me if my spark plugs have been changed..
Audi uk not really interested..

Audi uk not really interested..

That seems to be a recurring theme.

You would have thought in these tough times for car manufacturers that customer service would be their number one priority, trying to keep existing customers happy and loyal to the brand. But there are so many threads on here can be summarised by Audi dealer expensive/rude/negligent/useless and Audi UK simply not interested.

You would have thought in these tough times for car manufacturers that customer service would be their number one priority, trying to keep existing customers happy and loyal to the brand. But there are so many threads on here can be summarised by Audi dealer expensive/rude/negligent/useless and Audi UK simply not interested.
You only have to look on here how many have moved over to BMW in the last 12 months.

Reactions: KenL
My friend has an M3 and he was telling me that when he called BMW to complain about a warranty issue, he got a call back the same day. Audi UK took 2+ days just to call me and go over the details I'd given them initially again!

Reactions: S32B
I also managed to acquire copies of invoices from the dealer but they blanked off the previous user’s name and address. You can actually still read the address if you hold it up to the light and the email address was left on anyway! Having said that I don’t care who the previous owner was, it’s just for the service record. When I sell the car on I’ll hand all the papers over. I don’t care if my address is on there.

I have taken screen shots of the service records that are on the myaudi app , printed them off and placed them along with the other bits and pieces that i have managed to obtain. Its a pity Audi cant supply a generic Audi headed sheet with all info of what has been done to the car showing dates and mileage. By all means they can hide the previous owners details although they are on the v5 anyway. It would be good to know what exactly has been done.

Audi, VW and Skoda are all at the same head office address in Milton Keynes....that might explain indifference in customer service.

Reactions: pburv