Coolant

Feza

Reaction score
Do these bul engines use a bit of coolant in winter as my coolant light came on last night just the header tank was a bit low went out in the car last night various trips engine running fine and at normal temperature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had no issues with loosing coolant on a BUL - have you had any work done to the coolant system, could’ve been an air pocket that has finally cleared in the heating matrix?

Are you still getting good hot air out of the vents?

Yeah still getting good hot air through so no problems there topped it up last night went all over for a drive no coolant loss been out this morning all over and still no loss no work done on the coolant system mind boggles

Check you header tank for splits, they are very prone to it .
Just above and also below the front hose is a weak point.
I had a split in mine your a few years , used to loose a little over time but then the split got worse and the water was visible.
just get a new header tank for ecp or the like, cheap part aswell.

IMG 2003

Also check the coolant flange at the rear of the engine block , another well known leaker on the 2.0tfsi engine.
Mine was leaker at silly low milage .

Thanks rob been out in it this morning and last night after topping it up with just water and the level stayed the same and got hot air just drained the header tank and filled it up with coolant been for a drive temperature at 90 degrees and hot air came home checked levels and same as when I topped it up but will keep an eye on it thanks when I was out in the car last night could hear a swishing noise so pulled up and water was dripping from under the glove box area took out mats and both drivers and passenger side carpets where wet I’m thinking it’s the area where the battery sits as there was a water residue mark on the pipes there had been at least four inch of standing water in there so I’m hoping it’s from that area rather than the matrix I will be taking the battery off tomorrow and cleaning the area out and cleaning the drainage pipes out I’m thinking the water has built up due to excessive rain and snow fingers crossed