Coolant sensor clip

Travisopyt

Reaction score
Hope I've posted in the right section,I've just replaced my coolant flange and sensor,but I can't get the sensor clip to go in,is there a knack to it,thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    664.1 KB · Views: 101
Usually caused by the O ring not sitting correctly or the old O ring still in place.

First time I did it I found it was a huge faff, took me ages including dropping the clip never to be seen again. Luckily I had a spare.

Second time I did it, it was much better. It took a bit of faffing again but I did it in a fraction of the time. I dropped a couple of the clips but this time I was forewarned and had bought a slack handful of spares.

There's not much room to work even with the duct to the EGR valve removed. I found it best to position the TPS into the o-ring and push it into the correct position then just very carefully bring the clip in under the TPS and gently slide it into place without knocking the TPS out of position. It took me lots of tries and then suddenly it went click into position perfectly. It's a bit of a crappy design in my opinion.

It's not the best of places, right at the back of the block, you can barely get in there to hold anything. I knocked my circlip off and didn't realise it until she showed low coolant level. I did it when I took my EGR valve and cooler off, and it still isn't a lot easier to get your hands in there then.
Another poor design.