Coolant problem

Martha

Reaction score
switched engine on today low coolant warning light on after a minute or two.

Checked coolant? V low.

What do I do if I need to preserve warranty need to go to audi - but 40 mikes away, a bit too far with no coolant.

Should I top it with new coolant and then monitor and if still a problem call Audi?

Thanks

Martha

switched engine on today low coolant warning light on after a minute or two.

Checked coolant? V low.

What do I do if I need to preserve warranty need to go to audi - but 40 mikes away, a bit too far with no coolant.

Should I top it with new coolant and then monitor and if still a problem call Audi?

Thanks

Martha
Do you have any other VAG near you, Skoda, VW, Seat? They will be able to supply the correct coolant.

Or poss 1 day delivery on amazon.

As long as it is the correct grade of coolant I cannot see why there would be a problem wherever it was from. I bought some from Halfords when my coolant light came on.

Yep its a one off at the moment, and does seem to happen occasionally, was another post a week ago with someone with the same problem. Happened to me 4 years (3 cars ago) and I topped it up and never had any more problems

As long as it is the correct grade of coolant I cannot see why there would be a problem wherever it was from. I bought some from Halfords when my coolant light came on.

I bought the Halfords G13 graded stuff when mine level was low and still go the three quarters full bottle in the garage

if its any help I literally filled my wife's Q5 (same 2.0 TFSI) with pond water and water from puddles and a stream to drive the car more than 50 miles only then to fill it with the cheapest coolant imaginable to get it a further 70 miles....and it survived....so for emergency don't worry too much what you need to fill it with to get to the garage
good luck (this is a common problem on these engines.....plenty of threads on here/online to diagnose what it could be)

If your car is still under warranty then you should still have road side assist, give them a ring they will come and look at your car + top the coolant up.

Yes, my S3 came up with the warning and it was low, I opped it up with G13 and it was fine after that. Normally a code on the site to get this cheaper, this is ready mixed so you just put it in, you can buy one that you mix yourself as well if you want https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/...creenwash/red-antifreeze/?523770522&0&cc5_866

As long as it has G13 on the bottle you are OK to use it. It will say G13 on the bottle in the car to double check.

The coolant shoudlnt decrease that much at all, it is a sealed system as i was told by audi Technicians. I recenty had the coolant light, just a week ago, Took it to audi, done thier tests and found a leak on the water pump. i suspect this is the same as mine was very low too.,

replaced the pump and themostat under warranty. if yours it still under warranty id get it checked out and any Audi Dealership. contact them on the chat page and get someone to call you and book it in closest to you. They also provided me with a replacement car through their MobEx scheme , , make sure you mention MobEx replacment to the,. they had the car for 5 days.

they explicityl told me to stop driving it.

if it is out of warranty you can top it up with G13 coolant, or water will be fine untill you can get hold of some.