Coolant pipe part number?

HertS3

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what part number this pipe is? Sorry about the picture quality

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201104-223407_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201104-223407_Chrome.jpg
    881.2 KB · Views: 187
So it appears that the pipe is fine, just needed a smaller clip, however the water pump is leaking!!!

does that mean the water pump has to come off for a new gasket or is it a whole new water pump?

No idea, I just know there's coolant and water at the bottom of it. At least warranty should pick this up

The official Audi extended warranty. The earliest appointment they had was 9th December, so me being an old hat at this and knowing that breakdowns have to be investigated with 24/48 hours, I called the RAC, guy came out and said the car's driveable so he followed me to Audi and off he went, car is now in for investigation, fingers crossed the warranty will finally pay for something after rejecting PCV valve (occurred in first 30 days and anyway now appears to have gone away once N-80 valve was actually plugged in under the engine cover) and coolant pipe leak (which is specifically excluded in the warranty and appears to have only been a clip that was too big and seems to have been linked to the water pump leak.

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Where is the water pump? Is it easily visible or require removal of covers trims etc

If you look straight down at the front by some belt (can you tell I'm not a mechanic?), it's a round thing. Hard to see, had to look at the leak by putting a little mirror down and seeing the underside

Reactions: audiwaterpump and JohnS3
I've been wiped out by the bill on my other car, hoping that the warranty will pick this up and I just have to pay £100 excess

PHEW
Warranty accepted the claim for the water pump replacement and the dealer is replacing the hose and clips that are also apparently leaking for the cost of parts only (just shy of £27) instead of the £600 they quoted the other week for that job in isolation!!

PHEW
Warranty accepted the claim for the water pump replacement and the dealer is replacing the hose and clips that are also apparently leaking for the cost of parts only (just shy of £27) instead of the £600 they quoted the other week for that job in isolation!!
Well done!
Always better when someone else pays. :thumbs up:

What's the mileage, engine size?

52k, it's an S4 so 3 litre V6
I'm still paying £100 excess and £80 a month on warranty (car was out of warranty when I started so first year is around double the norm price) so I'm basically paying for the repair monthly, will be interesting to see how much the repair comes to

If you look straight down at the front by some belt (can you tell I'm not a mechanic?), it's a round thing. Hard to see, had to look at the leak by putting a little mirror down and seeing the underside

Thanks. I’ll take a look at mine, there is a very slight smell of coolant and I can’t see where it’s coming from.

It sure does, you don't normally get to smell it unless there is a leak somewhere

Water pump replaced; invoice from Audi states £123.57 + VAT parts and £228.20 + VAT labour (Total £422), sounds a bit low to me, is that right?? Kinda wanted the warranty to pay more lol