Coolant Performance System Post Pulley Upgrade Stage 2

chucky1

Reaction score
Guys I've been doing a lot of research on this one. I live in an environment that can get pretty hot for an extended time. It's nice to be in the aircon but when your S4 is sucking in 40 plus degree air on a long hard run,.... well I've been thinking about this. I haven't experienced the power reduction associated with the SC being on it's limits. I don't know if I will. I am just considering doing this from the long term point of view of separating the cooling circuits and running both the SC and engine a lot cooler than they may be at this time. APR have their CPS, which is well regarded, more difficult to get is either the Forge or AWE setups. These two companies don't have a big presence here. I am leaning toward the APR due to my tune etc but I wanted to see if any of you guys have gotten into this one and have any thoughts on the subject. I have tried searching on here but keep coming up with an error. I have spent many many hours reading up on this particularly in the States. They're pretty big on them there, but this seems predominantly due to tracking of vehicles. It's not cheap but if I am going to look after this keeper for quite a while is it worth it?

For daily driving it isn't really needed. that being said, it can't do any harm.
If you drive it like you stole it then it will just prevent the onset of heat soak.

Thanks skip. I see from your info page you have the Forge Charge Cooler running. Do you mind if I ask if this was something you put on after your tune, and if you did, was there anything you could quantify? Or did you do it at the same time as your tune? I give my car plenty. Not on the track, but it knows I'm driving it. This is the reason I bought it. I consider this one to be the keeper. The last of the very tuneable, SCd 6s from Audi perhaps. I suppose you would call it a mod, but I have been viewing this more as a safegaurd. That said, I'm not sure if I'm considering spending $s unnecessarily.

Put it in after the stage 2, I didn't run any before and after logs so there isn't any hard data I can give.

Yep I understand, I just thought I'd put this one out there because I've been thinking seriously about it. I suppose I am trying to find out from unbiased guys if they think its worth it. It's pricey but if I feel that the long term benefits make sense..... There is only one downside that I can see other than kissing my warranty goodbye altogether, is that if there is a leak from the SC circuit ie a stone hit, (a screen is a definite if this goes ahead) you can lose cooling on this circuit and wouldn't know until its too late.

You would see a serious reduction in power if the sc circuit failed, the boost temps would rise dramatically and failsafes should kick in (lower load targets, reduced timing etc)

Think I'll keep at this one for a while yet. Thanks skip.