Coolant level warning? Bought a lemon?

VagMonger

Reaction score
Hi all ive been a long time lurker and decided to sign up seen as though ive bought a b9 s5 that may be problematic

its 17 plate and it has 73000 miles on it i dropped it off for its gearbox servicing today and when i picked it up the guy asked me if i knew the coolant level light was on? I said id not noticed it and he said he checked the coolant level and it was fine i drove the car 9 miles home today and there was no light or warnings?

i was offered the option of booking in for a £85 diagnostic in 2 weeks time (closest booking available) im worried about driving the car i dont do many miles usually 50/60 a week

i have it booked in with an old friend of mine that used to work on my old audi (he wasnt confident doing a gearbox service on this though) he said he will plug it in and look for codes monday he doesnt usually charge he seems like a good guy but if anything often reluctant to take on jobs

i have bought audis extended warranty as the garage i bought the car from was over 190 miles away and came with a year of amazon warranty? Which i wasnt too confident in ive never heared of amazon warranty

Has there been any common issues known about this type of error? Having a quick look on the U.S forums it seems there are recalls and bulletins for waterpumps and possible updates aswell?

does anybody know anything more about this? Iv not had the car 3 weeks so im debating returning it if its going to be a problem car

iv also noticed the mmi randoms shuts down and a creak from the rear wheel when reversing at angles sometimes

the car was reasonably priced and now im starting to worry it was to get rid of it, any help or advice from more knowledgable members would me much appreciated cause im starting to worry a little bit now first it was the mmi then the creak on reversing and now coolant level warning lights Should i be running a mile? Thanks again for your time and any input or guidance

Hi all ive been a long time lurker and decided to sign up seen as though ive bought a b9 s5 that may be problematic

its 17 plate and it has 73000 miles on it i dropped it off for its gearbox servicing today and when i picked it up the guy asked me if i knew the coolant level light was on? I said id not noticed it and he said he checked the coolant level and it was fine i drove the car 9 miles home today and there was no light or warnings?

i was offered the option of booking in for a £85 diagnostic in 2 weeks time (closest booking available) im worried about driving the car i dont do many miles usually 50/60 a week

i have it booked in with an old friend of mine that used to work on my old audi (he wasnt confident doing a gearbox service on this though) he said he will plug it in and look for codes monday he doesnt usually charge he seems like a good guy but if anything often reluctant to take on jobs

i have bought audis extended warranty as the garage i bought the car from was over 190 miles away and came with a year of amazon warranty? Which i wasnt too confident in ive never heared of amazon warranty

Has there been any common issues known about this type of error? Having a quick look on the U.S forums it seems there are recalls and bulletins for waterpumps and possible updates aswell?

does anybody know anything more about this? Iv not had the car 3 weeks so im debating returning it if its going to be a problem car

iv also noticed the mmi randoms shuts down and a creak from the rear wheel when reversing at angles sometimes

the car was reasonably priced and now im starting to worry it was to get rid of it, any help or advice from more knowledgable members would me much appreciated cause im starting to worry a little bit now first it was the mmi then the creak on reversing and now coolant level warning lights Should i be running a mile? Thanks again for your time and any input or guidance
Welcome

Is your oil temp getting up to 90+ after a decent length drive or does it stay fairly low? The thermostat has gone twice in mine so that might be a good place to look. Both times it was registering low coolant despite being full.