1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolant leak

Gonzokew Sep 9, 2018

1. Gonzokew

Gonzokew Active Member

Hi, I have a small leak and after taking some stuff off to have a look this is where it's coming from.

image1.jpeg

Any ideas on a plan of attack? S3 8l BAM

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. S3 Hilife

S3 Hilife It's an addiction Team Dolphin Grey VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3 quattro

It looks like the o ring has failed on the coolant hard pipe. Your coolant pipe looks quite corroded too and that’s also a common failure point

4. S3 Hilife

S3 Hilife It's an addiction Team Dolphin Grey VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3 quattro

I tried to find a replacement aftermarket coolant pipe for mine as the OE ones are ridiculous price but no joy, well not with the same part number anyway. You might get away with just an o ring but that pipe does look a bit suspect

5. Gonzokew

Gonzokew Active Member

Oh good at least that part is replaceable. I'll have a look at getting one sorted if I can find the part number

Thanks for your help

6. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk Team Ming Blue Audi S3

There is a fella on Facebook on a site called s3 8l owners group. He is doing a group buy for the part your looking. It is a alloy part I think and is more durable. His name is Denna Laycock-last.

7. S3 Hilife

8. Gonzokew

Gonzokew Active Member

Ok thanks I did see them not sure if it's the right part though. His was in 4 sections I thought this is one part

9. Gonzokew

Gonzokew Active Member

I agree parts 10 and 11, maybe worth getting the other bits that bolt to it as they're all old now and for £55 it's good value.

10. S3 Hilife

Yeah and it’s definitely worth doing the alloy flange kit mate if you’re draining the coolant anyway. They’re so much better than the plastic OE parts and more reliable ;)

Steve

11. Gonzokew

Gonzokew Active Member

Ordered the flange kit. Will take the hard pipe off to see whether it's the o ring or the pipe itself.

Have messages a couple people to quote for the hard line while I do this.

hydro s3 likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Gonzokew

Gonzokew Active Member

Hard line had been quoted at £170 if anyone's interested. Will see where I'm at once it's been drained and removed