1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Coolant capacity?

Ricky Burrows Nov 7, 2020

1. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Registered User

So ive started repairing the car ive had to drain the coolant to remove the front slam panel, question is how much coolant does it take to fill and any recommended brands or is it a case of anything thats red? I do have some oem Vauxhall coolant would that be ok?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

G13+ from Audi is what I suggest, dilute it 50/50, I always use this.

I'm Just Rob. and Ricky Burrows like this.
  4. Gazwould

Gazwould Registered User

8L .

I'm Just Rob. and Ricky Burrows like this.
  5. Ricky Burrows

Thank you both

6. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

And don't forget to bleed out the air or you'll get that dreaded heater matrix problem and a lack of heat.

7. Ricky Burrows

What's the dreaded heater matrix problem? Is it not just like every other car to bleed?

8. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

It is easy to bleed ricky but not everyone remembers to do it properly and end up with a problematic air lock in the heater matrix which can be a pain to shift after the event, best get it right the first time.

9. Ricky Burrows

Ok shouldn't be a problem then, thought you was going to say something out of the ordinary which wouldn't surprise me with this car tbh

I'm Just Rob. likes this.