Coolant bypass valve circuit open

Dobby

Reaction score
Any ideas how much it will cost to replace the bypass valve? Is this a common problem?

I'm curious- what are the symptoms of the bad valve? It's nearly impossible to get the shop to take an issue seriously without DTCs, but I am losing coolant in my car and am trying to determine how to approach with the dealer, given coolant shrinkage seems to be an issue in these cars.

I'm curious- what are the symptoms of the bad valve? It's nearly impossible to get the shop to take an issue seriously without DTCs, but I am losing coolant in my car and am trying to determine how to approach with the dealer, given coolant shrinkage seems to be an issue in these cars.

not getting any symptoms, only the engine light and the code that was read.

I once had my coolant go down and the warning about a year ago, topped it up and its not moved since.... very strange

guess take it to a garage or audi and they will pressure test your system etc

I had this fault ' P2681 Engine Bypass Valve control circuit open'. On mine, it was a connector that had water inside it. The connector was located under the inlet manifold. My independent garage had to get an auto electrician out to diagnose. It was nothing to do with the bypass valve. The electrician sprayed the connector with water dispersant. The mechanic suspected the water pump was leaking but there was no sign of coolant loss or water on the inside of undertray. I decided not to have the pump replaced as it would have cost over £500. My fix cost £68 four weeks ago and had no issues with EML code fault since.

I had this fault ' P2681 Engine Bypass Valve control circuit open'. On mine, it was a connector that had water inside it. The connector was located under the inlet manifold. My independent garage had to get an auto electrician out to diagnose. It was nothing to do with the bypass valve. The electrician sprayed the connector with water dispersant. The mechanic suspected the water pump was leaking but there was no sign of coolant loss or water on the inside of undertray. I decided not to have the pump replaced as it would have cost over £500. My fix cost £68 four weeks ago and had no issues with EML code fault since.

I live in cyprus and havent cleaned my car in a while or its not rained in months so not sure if itll be the same for me... will see today

Any code fault that says 'control circuit open' means an electrical problem is the issue. A call to a auto electrician is probably a good idea.