Converting to petrol

Reaction score
As the post says. I've used an electric Flymo for years, but it's proving back breaking in our new garden. It's not huge, but we now have grass front and back, both of which have slopes.

I haven't the foggiest about petrol lawn,owners but have shopped around online, but I could do with advice on what to look out for.

Anyone else use a self propelled (not sit on!) petrol lawnmower.

I'm looking around £200-250.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got given a petrol self propelled one when we got our house, I couldnt get on with it to be honest and ended up getting rid and reverting back to the trusted Flymo, it could have been that the one I had was a hand me down, I just found it too bulky.

Love my petrol self propelled mower. It's a wolf which I got off ebay for not a lot. I'd get some easy start stuff in advance as mowers seem to be reluctant starters after winter slumbers though I use and abuse mine with occasional oil level checks. If you buy a Honda / similar then I would factor in service costs to keep in tiptop fettle. I use mine until they die and then just get another :D

I got one about 15 years ago from homebase. It was non branded but has the brings and Stratton motor. Gets a service annually and still runs great with no smoke.

I've always been a Flymo Guy.

Recently had a Hand-Propelled Petrol Mower (Mountfield) bought for me and it is brilliant.
Garden mowed much quicker as not faffing about with the electric cord all the time.

Additionally, the little round circle of shrubs in the middle of the lawn is a dream to mow around now.

Fuel seems to last for ages - oil even longer.
Not unhappy at all.