Convertible top compartment lid won't stay open

Andy N

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Audi A4 convertible and when I try and open the roof it starts to open up but when it gets to fold itself away into the compartment the lid won't stay open and slowly goes down so the roof then goes back to the start position, then when I manually put the roof away and try to close the roof the compartment lid opens all the way open then slowly goes down. Need help please have replaced roof module and new hydraulic motor which did help and had all the error codes cleared but 1 keeps coming back up 02000 switch position 008 implausible signal

Thanks Andy N

Sounds like a position sensor, switch is faulty, you'll have to replace or fix that one, whether it's wiring or sensor, you'd have to check.

I have a 2005 Audi A4 convertible and when I try and open the roof it starts to open up but when it gets to fold itself away into the compartment the lid won't stay open and slowly goes down so the roof then goes back to the start position, then when I manually put the roof away and try to close the roof the compartment lid opens all the way open then slowly goes down. Need help please have replaced roof module and new hydraulic motor which did help and had all the error codes cleared but 1 keeps coming back up 02000 switch position 008 implausible signal

Thanks Andy N
Andy, did you resolve this as I have exactly the same issue and I can't find an answer anywhere