Convertible Photos

Andy: That is some beautiful advise right there, thank you so much.

Here is another dilemma! Just been down the Garage to look at the Grey one for 10k.........There's only a Red one (same year) sitting next to it for 8k! :meeting:

It has 83k miles though but all the history to go with it, Black heated full leather, parking sensors and sat nav! (it's an auto which would be something new to me too!)
(grey one has shabby looky sueade seats by the way guys, put me right off )

Really don't know what to do now. :think: Get the Red one and have £2k to spend on it and ensure all is sweet and worry free (including the purchase of some sweet mods! :rock:

I thought I was going to enjoy this purchase, but I don't know which way to turn! I have previously bought cars from far away, however, what a nightmare should it have to go back for any reason. Really do prefer the local option (30 mile radius) but this obviously limits my options! :confused:

Can't help thinking the Red one would be a great option having the £2k to spend but, High milage and that it's an auto really does play on my mind!!

:wtf: Anyone like to make the decision for me!!

i wouldnt say it was high mileage footy but i know what you mean, 2k is 2k which ever way you look at it.
after the money ive just had to spend on mine mate, my advise would have to be go for the on thats done naff all, seats are an easy swap mate, theres always a set of leather on the bay.
83k on the clock, it could now start costing money, auto box, when these start playing up mate there big money.
id say that the 2k would be money well spent on the other thats done nothing.
this is only my opinion mate, at the end of the day its your money.
its nice to have all the toys on them mate like the sat nav etc but trust me youll get them anyway eventually.

Last edited:
Hmm tough one footballer...I'd be thinking, red one, already got heated leather, already got rns-e (which will save you 600 quid cos you know you'd want it!) and its a 1.8t which is what you wanted in the first place... you'll have 2k in your pocket to get it serviced and have the pickup pipe etc fitted and the sludge removed from the sump and it'll be fine, autobox (CVT) is superb but can be very costly if they go wrong, anything from 800 to 3000 depending on whats wrong with it, if it does have audi history ENSURE that the gearbox oil was changed at or before 40k and 80k and check to see if fell into the 7 plate clutch recall?
Then on the other hand you've got a nice 3.0 manual, with a bit of tlc the alcantara will look nice again, it tends to 'bobble' and the easiest way to get rid of it is to shave it!! After that a quick wipe over and it'll look completely different, and it holds you in your seat better than leather ever will when out for a spirited drive!!
Only 25k miles and a good spec as well but is it worth the extra 2k???