Conversion from pre-facelift double grill bumper to facelift S-line bumper

Yeah it will, needs a little more work than an s-line bumper.
Theres a few threads on here about it, with everything you need to know

Is it just the trimming of the reinforcement bar and fog light wiring? or does anything else need faffing around with?

Ok thats good.. I just need to try and get hold of an s3 8p2 bumper and standard 8p2 bonnet . .Proving difficult for the bumper. . they all seem to be 8p3 on ebay. was it just 2007 models for s3 8p2?

Yeah the 8P2 bumpers are one of the hardest to find, type in S3 breaking on ebay. Took me about 6 months to find one at a decent price, But I was in no hurry. No mate, some are from 2006, 2007 and 2008 models, they are all the same, just make sure it's 8P2 S3 bumper

Amazing job. Id pay someone to do this conversion for me, looks tidy!

Not sure if you need a certain amount of posts in order to send PMs. Let me know if you've received it

Thread revival!

Great thread chaps. I've just seen this as I'm collecting the parts now. I also have an Akoya Silver A3 and I'd love my car to look like the one above, though I'm not too keen on the amount of cash I'll have to spend.

I didn't know there were so many shades of Akoya silver! I hope the boot lid I've got coming is a match!

I have the following questions:

- when the car is 2006 - single frame(grill) do you need to change only the bonet and bumper (plus headlights) or something else too (for the 2008+ facelift?
- about the headlights - the 2008+ are with DRL/ LED lights, what adapters or anything else do you need to fit them?
- do you need to change also the side fenders?

Thanks in advance from Bulgaria :)

I have the following questions:

- when the car is 2006 - single frame(grill) do you need to change only the bonet and bumper (plus headlights) or something else too (for the 2008+ facelift?
- about the headlights - the 2008+ are with DRL/ LED lights, what adapters or anything else do you need to fit them?
- do you need to change also the side fenders?

Thanks in advance from Bulgaria :)

Can anyone shed some light on this?

bonnet
wings
bumper
headlights
mirrors
front panel
headlight support brackets
wing brackets
bonnet catch
bonnet pull cable (front)
bonnet hinges
under arch liners (front section)

Hi there
Dose anyone know what i should do with the pipe coming from my 2010 headlight (my car is 2006 and has had a full facelift)

There isn't any pipe coming from my old light and at a good guess i would say its there for a good reason ..(to stop them steaming up)

Thank you for any info! :)

Hope the quote works....on the 8P3 bumper, is there any way to use the older xenons from the 8P1? I don't like the 8P3 headlights tbh, also I couldn't see the part numbers listed for the 8P1 > 8P3 parts e.g the single grill, I presume its different to the 8P2 grill?

Thanks
Alex

*edit: i've seen what jimbob? put above about changing everything*
I tried to post the below picture, what specifically 8P3 parts do you need for this - e.g P3 grill and P3 bonnet or can I use P2 grill and bonnet as it looks different to the other 8P3 bumper I have seen earlier in this thread?
2009_audi_a3.jpg

I've bought the bumper in the picture ^
Do I have to use the 8P3 headlights? I don't like them :(

Thanks
Alex

Hi there how did u mange to hook up the fog light s also are they a link to it

you need the fog light connectors (and repair wires depending if you want to re-pin the connector or not)
Part No. for the connectors is 3D0941165A

thanks bud av bought an 08 front bumper but no fog lights will i need to buy one from 2008-2012 for it

is it the 08/09-12 bumper like the one in the image I posted as those use the later foglights from reading the thread

From ETKA it looks like your foglights are part no: 8E0941699C and 8E0941700C but that's for a 2008 bumper as I understand

what al do i will take a pic of the bumper i have bought and pic of my car

i see its great post and im looking for parts to do change to look as audi s line s3 i got 2003 whit duble mask...
does any know that bonet from audi whit 4 doors a3 fits to my audi?

Hello,

I just bought an 2004 8p pre facelift
Does anyone know if the 2009 bumper and bonnet will fit my car?
I don't want to change headlights ect..

Yes but it wont look very good (I've seen it done and it didn't all fit right)
You'll have to do the wings (and therefore the wing mirrors with indicators too) and the bonnet that matches the 2008 onwards front bumpers as far as I know

HTH

Yes but it wont look very good (I've seen it done and it didn't all fit right)
You'll have to do the wings (and therefore the wing mirrors with indicators too) and the bonnet that matches the 2008 onwards front bumpers as far as I know

HTH
Allright, thanks for your feedback..
I know that the bonnet is different, and I would also change this, but i hoped that the fenders and headlights was same shape as the 05-08 model

Man I have an Audi A3 (2004 model) 2.0 TDI 3 doors Hatchback sport and I am thinking of getting my bumper done like this... Now my question is that Is it worth it getting it done and with all you did how much did you spent in buying all these parts and where did you got them? I am in the UK in Staffordshire...all answers will help including where to get them on a cheap if that's possible

If it's just the 8p2 conversion then I'd say it's worth doing, I did mine, just needed bonnet, bumper, grill and fog surrounds, cost me about £300 all in, I got the bumper and grill for free off a very nice member on here. To go 8p3 your into the thousands for everything.

Can anyone give some info about the side fenders/wings. Because there is the difference not only because there is no blinkers, but they have something like U- shaped brackets to attach above the wheel, and with them it does not fit straight, it stands like lifted because of this U-brackets. Do you have some pictures or else how to manage with this because I'm dealing with the conversation right now.

Where did you find the ABT front panel in the UK?

I'm also attempting this conversion. I'm struggling to find this bumper though
It's to fit onto a 54 plate. I don't want the bumper with the bump strips. Can anybody set me in the right direction
Thanks

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 411
I just managed to find myself one on eBay, you really have to look every day in case something comes up, they are indeed rare as rocking horse... I got the grills and fogs aswell as headlight washers - even harder to find but necessary for a bi xenon retro fit. I paid £430 in the end, didn't think that was too bad.

Bumper

I think that was the one I was looking at too. Mamaged to get a bumper. Just need the big grill and fog grills and bonnet

The bonnets aren't so bad, I managed to get one for £100 delivered, got it delivered straight to the workshop to save me faffing with it :)

Finding the grills and fogs is a bit more tricky, but not impossible. I still need to get a grill surround, think I can swap the rings over from the pre-facelift, they look to be the same size and so on.

Trying to find out what I need to change my frond end to a sline one ...can anyone please help this is mine ?
c990e1ad4ea4e950e9d2889ee9062cf7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mine is identical to the picture above, is this a simple bumper change or does it need the full front end swapping?