Convenience Key not working

Duckman83

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I went though a bunch of posts but didn't find one on the topic, sorry if its a repost.

I just bought a 2018 A4 Komfort, its my first Audi and im totally in love with the car.
When I stand next to the door with the key in hand or pocket, pulling the handle or covering the lock button does't do anything. no matter how many different ways i have tried this it just will not work.
The push start button does work, 100% of the time.
Opening the trunk is maybe 50/50 or less.
I have an appointment with Audi this week but i was wondering if anyone had a similar issue and what the resolution was.
im thinking it could be the car battery (replaced the one in the key) or one of the doors is breaking the curcuit.

Are you 100% you have keyless entry? And not just keyless ignition? Daft question I know but it at least rules that out

Even though the handle has the square recess that doesn't mean it has the convenience key. If you're not sure there should be a sticker in the spare wheel well, or in the documentation, that has the option codes on it. Match them with this http://vag-codes.info/vag-option-codes

so it appears my car only has Keyless-Go, feels so unsatisfying that this isn't included as standard.
Still, doesn't explain why the trunk lid never works.
4I8 - TKV - Central locking system "Keyless-Go" without SAFELOCK (NAR)

Attachments

• 20200128_162852.jpg
    20200128_162852.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 275
Yes i just stood there and tried for 2 minutes, although i did discover something.
If the car is locked, the trunk will NEVER open by pulling the lid.
If the car is unlocked it works every time. Is this normal?

Yes, wouldn't be very good for security if a locked car could have its boot opened, does it pop every time on the interior switch?

yeah the interior switch does work,
so it seems the car works as intended, i just didn't do enough homework on the vehicle before i bought it.
I thought the door would unlock by pulling the handle and lock by covering the button.
I also thought by pulling the button on the trunk lid with the key in pocket the trunk would open/unlock.
kind of a bummer as even my 2012 Hyundai Sonata had these features.... assumed an Audi would have them too....my bad

Check the settings in the MMI as there is an option of disabling the boot handle.

Reactions: cuke2u