Convenience control unit

Will1893

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if someone can please help me with some info.

I've just replaced the convenience control unit as there was a drain from the battery leading to the unit. I got a second hand one, same part number.

Just wondering if all i have to do is code my key to it so I can use the central locking? Or if I have to recode everything?

Thanks

Most features should work, you may have to code some if not functioning, remote locking needs matching to each key.

Most features should work, you may have to code some if not functioning, remote locking needs matching to each key.
Great thanks thought this would be the case,

Is it possible to sync the key by using the 2 key method? (1 key in ignition while one in door pressing unlock button). Or do I have to do this through VCDS as its never been synced to the unit before?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Great thanks thought this would be the case,

Is it possible to sync the key by using the 2 key method? (1 key in ignition while one in door pressing unlock button). Or do I have to do this through VCDS as its never been synced to the unit before?

Do what I had to do at the weekend, delete all remote controls and reprogram them all via VCDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies,
Bit annoying as I guess I'll have to pay a lot at a garage for something so simple but it's not worth me getting cable and software for this one job.

Thanks for the replies,
Bit annoying as I guess I'll have to pay a lot at a garage for something so simple but it's not worth me getting cable and software for this one job.

Your too far away for me to help, sorry

No problem thanks for your help!

Place a new post asking for people with VCDS in your area, there must be someone local to you who could help you out?

Think I might get one 2nd hand actually as they don't seem too expensive and might come in handy again. Do you know what cable I'd need?

I've got a 2005 a3 3.2 V6,

Is it a hex v2?