controlling exhaust valves

betaone68

Reaction score
I suggest the following change to command opening of the exhaust valves
the change is to break the cable that sends signals to the valves. with a switch
I apologize for my bad English ...
better to put some pictures in order to get to the cable to be detected. This is place near the bonnet opening lever.
DSC05150 Copia
DSC05135 Copia
DSC05141 Copia
DSC05149 Copia
DSC05119
DSC05127 Copia
DSC05143 Copia
DSC05129 Copia
DSC05154 Copia

It should be specified that break contact of the famous wire means lock the valve position ... if is open remains open, though, is closed remains closed. Reconnect the contact function returns normal valve logically audi unit.

Since the motor valves off and disabled framework are open just open the contact, and these are always open. If you close the motor contact turned this open and close the second unit logic. If you open with the engine idling contact (closed valves), these remain closed.

I hope I explained myself .
In summary is less accessible for remote control with aftermarket systems but less drastically that disconnect valves.
You can start with open valves (open contact before turning framework) and when you need close contact (see motorway away) to make them work as a standard.

I forgot to turn more and open valves can taste the difference, and how. For me it's worth it. Or with this solution or the ASR kit I change the board

Reactions: larbel, Rocketer, RGBARGEE and 3 others
You can't disable the valves in vcds yet - there is no Ecu support for the engine control module

You can also disable the valves by disconnecting them while car is running in dynamic mode. Connectors are easily accessible, just make sure you do it while the car is cold (may burn your finger tips if exhaust is hot).

Enjoy!!

You can click ok on that error message I posted and then go into long coding, make the changes blind as you say because nothing has been labeled yet, then when you click to save it says something like the changes could not be saved

Someone just needs to upload their Ecu and send it to rosstech I assume

It be a few reasons to be honest, but from what you are saying it would indeed seem like the module in question is very different from previous versions and needs to be "mapped" by Ross-Tech. It could also be that the WSC needs changing from 0's to a "number" in order to code, but would need to see the full error message to be sure.

Can anybody explain to me the purpose of this mod? Is the sound getting better, louder or what? In dynamic it seems that every flap is open already or do you meen it isn't fully open and with the mod it is? Does it bring cracles and banges all the time with the mod activated?

With exhaust in dynamic the valves still close when you change up a gear, then only re-open past around 3k rpm

It's only in 1st gear where the valves remain open across full rpm range

Reactions: WoodyRS and Rocketer
Flaps are open at zero rpm then close until about 3k and open again. Mod above has them open at all revs eg noisy all the time.

TX

Reactions: WoodyRS
Picture 3 hood lever, how to remove it? Just pull out or something else? I don't want to brake anything so I want to be shure, anyone reading that knows how?

Got it off now, it was like plastic lock pin. There are also several red and green cables but it seems like the one on left side second row from bottom as far as I can see, hopefully right one?

Now that I have installed the miltek cat bypass, I will say I'm grateful of the valves as it calms down the noise when cruising - so you can still leave the exhaust in dynamic without it being ott

It gave a little extra sound and I am very satisfied with the result for as cheap and simple mod it really is. Thanx to betaone68!

You can also disable the valves by disconnecting them while car is running in dynamic mode. Connectors are easily accessible, just make sure you do it while the car is cold (may burn your finger tips if exhaust is hot).

Enjoy!!

Do you have a picture? I've had a look around and can't see it