Controller connection problems

Steve_N

Derv Power
Reaction score
I turned on the Xbox this morning using the controller as normal, and all 4 lights on the controller were flashing. There were no quadrant lights on the xbox, to show if anything was connected. I have tried loads of times today to try to reconnect them but the xbox wont find the controller. Has any one ever experienced this at all, or will i have to splash out on a new controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try reconnection would be the obvious course of action as would be checking the batteries.....new controller needed but I'd borrow one to make sure it is the controller.

I have tried reconnecting, they just wont find each other. As for the batteries i have a battery pack on it, but did try some new AA's in there just in case. Will have to try and find someone with a controller to check the xbox is ok.

I have tried reconnecting, they just wont find each other. As for the batteries i have a battery pack on it, but did try some new AA's in there just in case. Will have to try and find someone with a controller to check the xbox is ok.

Are you pressing connect on the console first? and then on the controller as i found this solved many problems i had rather than the other way around.

Do you have 2 controllers as sometimes one can be LOCKED onto the first quadrant.

Check your console settings im sure theres something in there about controller/settings.

Had this problem so many times you wouldnt believe and i just messed about with things and always got them working again.

The solution is always the simplist of things.

I cant quite remember what i did to get mine to work but your pad is most likely fine and its just your connection.

Last edited:
I have tried pressing connect on the xbox first and the controller first, this has been tried many times. I have unplugged the xbox, taken the batteries out of the controller, moved the xbox to a different location, but no luck.
I have only 1 controller, so there cant be any issues with locked quadrants, I have just bought a new controller off ebay, so when that arrives hopefully that will connect, as at the moment i cant check any settings.