Controller connection problems

Steve_N

Derv Power
I turned on the Xbox this morning using the controller as normal, and all 4 lights on the controller were flashing. There were no quadrant lights on the xbox, to show if anything was connected. I have tried loads of times today to try to reconnect them but the xbox wont find the controller. Has any one ever experienced this at all, or will i have to splash out on a new controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve_N

Derv Power
I have tried reconnecting, they just wont find each other. As for the batteries i have a battery pack on it, but did try some new AA's in there just in case. Will have to try and find someone with a controller to check the xbox is ok.

Dazmo

I have tried reconnecting, they just wont find each other. As for the batteries i have a battery pack on it, but did try some new AA's in there just in case. Will have to try and find someone with a controller to check the xbox is ok.

Are you pressing connect on the console first? and then on the controller as i found this solved many problems i had rather than the other way around.

Do you have 2 controllers as sometimes one can be LOCKED onto the first quadrant.

Check your console settings im sure theres something in there about controller/settings.

Had this problem so many times you wouldnt believe and i just messed about with things and always got them working again.

The solution is always the simplist of things.

I cant quite remember what i did to get mine to work but your pad is most likely fine and its just your connection.

Last edited:

Steve_N

Derv Power
I have tried pressing connect on the xbox first and the controller first, this has been tried many times. I have unplugged the xbox, taken the batteries out of the controller, moved the xbox to a different location, but no luck.
I have only 1 controller, so there cant be any issues with locked quadrants, I have just bought a new controller off ebay, so when that arrives hopefully that will connect, as at the moment i cant check any settings.