CONTROL ARMS

B5 BIKER

Reaction score
HI I'M NEW HERE AND LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE. HAVE A 99 A4 AVANT THAT HAS JUST FAILED ITS TEST.I HAVE BEEN TOLD I NEED TO REPLACE ALL THE CONTROL ARMS.ON A BIT OF A BUDGET AND WAS WONDERING CAN ANYONE RECCOMEND WHERE TO GET A REASONABLY DESCENT SET. ARE THE ONES ON EBAY ANY GOOD.THANKS.

Stick to Lemforder or Meyle but they are not cheap. Beg borrow or steal but don't fit cheap arms or you'll be doing it all again inside of 6 months. iirc the Meyle arm kit is about £360

WHERE IS GOOD TO BUY ONLINE. LIVING IN RELAND AND THE CHOICE IS VERY RESTRICTED. ONLY ONES BEING OFERED ARE FEBI AND ATEC

Both of which are total ****e mate. There was a link on a thread somewhere on here. I need to find it myself as mine will need doing in the very near future. I'll go on a hunt for it.

CHEERS, I'M DEBATING WHETHER TO DIY THE FULL SET. I REPLACED THE REAR SHOCKS AND SPRINGS MYSELF AND GOT THROUGH THAT FINE, BUT IM A BIT WARY OF CHANGING THESE INCASE IT ALL GOES PEAR SHAPED BECAUSE THE CAR IS IN EVERY DAY USE

i work at euros mate i can get a price on em all if ya want and work out something on postage??? unlesss you can perhaps pick up from audi's in the park if your going????

if intested just drop me a pm

CHEERS, I'M DEBATING WHETHER TO DIY THE FULL SET. I REPLACED THE REAR SHOCKS AND SPRINGS MYSELF AND GOT THROUGH THAT FINE, BUT IM A BIT WARY OF CHANGING THESE INCASE IT ALL GOES PEAR SHAPED BECAUSE THE CAR IS IN EVERY DAY USE

about the only thing that really stops you is seized upper balljoint bolt..... I have to use my air hammer to get these ******** out on occasion

I got mine from All German Parts in Leeds and I heartily recommend them. Great bunch of guys with top customer service. £382 delivered for my set.

I contemplated the cheap ebay crap from China as well (as £380 is a lot of money for something you never see) but having seen the 2 kits side by side now I wouldn't hesitate to go for the Meyle ones. The 100 quid ebay stuff looks like something a kid has made in comparison. Very inferior. Look like you could snap them by hand!

Having had the stuff fitted now (along with new shocks and springs) the handling of the car is 100% better. Well worth the money IMHO.