Contemplating cancelling

Tomo01

Reaction score
currently got an s3 on order since Feb with a bw of Sep,still on status 10,the wait is killing so thinking of going for used instead,anyone know how i would stand with my deposit.

currently got an s3 on order since Feb with a bw of Sep,still on status 10,the wait is killing so thinking of going for used instead,anyone know how i would stand with my deposit.
I'd imagine you'd lose it, your deposit secures your build slot I think.

If its just impatience then find some! Once you get it you will be so pleased!

Yes your right most probably was told May when I ordered so it's just taking the shine of it now,plus sold my car next week

I get it and everyone else geta it too but just crack on dont give up!

You'll get your deposit back. The dealer can easily re-allocate that order.

It's a frustrating experience, similar to one I went through last year. Ordered February, built may, reordered because the spec was wrong, finally received car in October. I had a loan S3 from May to October as it was a dealer faux pas that caused the wrong spec, but even so, it was annoying, frustrating and I wouldn't repeat it. Had it not been for the loan car, there is no way I'd have waited that long, and I would happily be driving something else right now.

Reactions: MattSedg, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Easiest way to find out is to ask the dealer....

Reactions: glospete
I cancelled a new order and bought a used car instead (also got bored of waiting) and they had no problem moving my deposit over at Oxford Audi :laughing: Unlike you, my car had actually started production and was just over a month away!

Reactions: Tomo01
Suggest having a Google for 'contract law and deposits' if it is not in the small print when you signed whatever you signed.

If what you signed isn't an official contract (binding for both parties) then refer to point 1.

OP, from reading other posts particularly in the Track you order thread it looks like BW move around a lot so you may get your car earlier than September. Some people with Feb S3 orders now have confirmed June build weeks so you may get lucky. Id talk to your dealer, you could contact Audi UK direct as the dealers are generally the last to know.

However, you're right the delay does take the shine off it. Until Saturday, based on info from the dealer I was looking at build this week. I managed to track the order and its currently saying build week of mid August. I ordered an S-Line 3rd week April, so it could be mid September before I see mine. Im interested to see how long it takes Bolton Audi to contact me and revise the delivery date because it's not going to be early July!

In your position Id hang on, September will be here before you know it. Id ban yourself from the tracker too, it just makes the waiting worse, its a cruel mistress!

Reactions: Tomo01
Go into the dealer and see what new S3's they have in stock ready for immediate delivery?