Contamination on roof...

cuke2u

Reaction score
Any clues as too what this might be. It won't go away by ordinary washing but could polish remove it? When damp it almost disappears.
20170713 152210

Last edited:
Looks like bird poo etching? I would the following steps In this order to see if it shifts it: clay > panel wipe > a cleanser like BH Paint cleaner/AF tipple/AG SRP/CG Blacklight > mild final polish.

Final resort would be a two stage compound and polish, but doubt you need to go that far.

Reactions: scotty76
Thanks for your reply, I am actually going to see a detailer tomorrow and ask them to detail the complete car, so I will ask them what it is. Strange though how it has lines through it and is white, I also tend to remove any poo more or less as soon as it arrives but unfortunately I do not have the proper environment to do as you've suggested...

Last edited:
@cuke2u I see @DrEskimo responded to your post. Just to say I don't have a usable garage so do all standard and machine polishing activities outside. Not sure if that's what you are worried about by "environment".

Sure I wouldn't apply a ceramic coating outside but most other stuff is doable.

Reactions: DrEskimo
@cuke2u I see @DrEskimo responded to your post. Just to say I don't have a usable garage so do all standard and machine polishing activities outside. Not sure if that's what you are worried about by "environment".

Yea it looks like a dollop of paint cleanser on the edge of a MF would shift that in seconds.

But, if its getting looked at by a detailer then would just let him sort if :)

Yea it looks like a dollop of paint cleanser on the edge of a MF would shift that in seconds.

But, if its getting looked at by a detailer then would just let him sort if :)
I find AF Tripple shifts most stuff. A great multi purpose tool. :)

Thats useful to know, yes no garage and very limited space to work in as can't use my drive. Can't use a gazebo so also in full sunlight and it gets hot on the south coast although I guess I could chose a dull day. Next house definately will have a double garage...

Ok that's detail arranged in the next couple of weeks, once it's all done I hope to be a happy bunny and bring an end to this saga that started when I collected the car, then had the gearbox failure which, post dealer valet, only made things worse...

Reactions: JonnyA4SL and scotty76
Ok that's detail arranged in the next couple of weeks, once it's all done I hope to be a happy bunny and bring an end to this saga that started when I collected the car, then had the gearbox failure which, post dealer valet, only made things worse...
Keep us posted. I love getting my car back from the Detailers. Always looks superb! :)

Reactions: Keef
Yes I will, its been a long time working in this detail, all the ones in the south east coast are too far away really and all add to the cost. Sadly a bereavement means I will be spending quite some time in Suffolk over the school summer holiday's and the detailer I have found is only a couple of miles away from where I will be staying...

Yes I will, its been a long time working in this detail, all the ones in the south east coast are too far away really and all add to the cost. Sadly a bereavement means I will be spending quite some time in Suffolk over the school summer holiday's and the detailer I have found is only a couple of miles away from where I will be staying...
Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope it all works out well for you

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that much appreciated. The detailer has been in contact and it is going ahead on monday for three days, photos will follow...

Reactions: Sandra and scotty76
Thank you Sandra, I will of course post pictures. This detailing of my car has been a long time coming so I hope it's worth the wait...

Reactions: JonnyA4SL
First photo uploaded by the detailer...
FB IMG 1501573170697

Reactions: BarryG79, Taxboy, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
The detailer is reporting that the mark on the roof has been eradicated as well :)

Collected the car this morning, the detailer has done a fantastic job and now it looks like how it should have when I first collected it last October. I will upload pictures when I get to somewhere with WiFi as I'm using my phone's data at the moment...

For the ceramic it was two coats of Art De Shine. The car is now where I need it to be and I will take care of the rest....

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound and scotty76
For the ceramic it was two coats of Art De Shine. The car is now where I need it to be and I will take care of the rest....
You must be very pleased with the outcome,, looks a cracking job he's done there

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Great car and top job the detailer did.
Colour shine and reflection is just like a mirror.
The actual colour shade is nice.

Good luck with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, the colour is unusual as when you get really close you can see tiny little flecks of black in it as well as silver...

Reactions: KrisKrk
Fantastic job he's done. I'm gonna have to get my car detailed at some point. need some stone chips sorted first though

Looks fantastic! I do love getting my car back from the detailers. :)

What's the name of the colour?

Anyone know if I can wash the car yet? Its covered in dust and also seeds from a nearby beech tree now and looking like it needs a clean. Thunderstorms are forecast today so the rain might help, although the forecast also suggests hail as well....