Considering upgrade from 2012 RS3 to 2015 RS3

monkeyboy_marcus

Reaction score
Love the current 2012 motor but considering upgrading whilst it has some good residual value and the new model is starting to come down in price. Any feedback/advice would be appreciated...

I was a passenger in one the other week and its a sweet car mate.

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus
Love the current 2012 motor but considering upgrading whilst it has some good residual value and the new model is starting to come down in price. Any feedback/advice would be appreciated...

I've changed Marcus..........

2012 RS3 to 2015 RS3 in Mythos Black...............

Stunning car Marcus I've no regrets in any way........

Anyone considered the focus RS? I'm guessing they will hold their value more than the current RS3? Obviously the Audi is the winner though but just putting it out there

According to a few on here you won't see much of a discount but its a worthy upgrade offering all that the 2012 has plus an enhanced experience. The interior is a real grower and takes a while to appreciate the differences, I am really falling for mine now, you are already aware of the amazing engine and sound so over half way there. There was someone on here waiting for one of you original guys to upgrade and has cash waiting to buy your current car, worth doing a search...

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus
Anyone considered the focus RS? I'm guessing they will hold their value more than the current RS3? Obviously the Audi is the winner though but just putting it out there
Wtf?! Imho not a competitor.

TX.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
I've changed Marcus..........

2012 RS3 to 2015 RS3 in Mythos Black...............

Stunning car Marcus I've no regrets in any way........

Any brake squeal issues?! Nice to hear feedback from an original owner now having upgraded without any regrets.

According to a few on here you won't see much of a discount but its a worthy upgrade offering all that the 2012 has plus an enhanced experience. The interior is a real grower and takes a while to appreciate the differences, I am really falling for mine now, you are already aware of the amazing engine and sound so over half way there. There was someone on here waiting for one of you original guys to upgrade and has cash waiting to buy your current car, worth doing a search...

Yeah, fully appreciate the engine and sound. More so as a result of the cat bypass pipes. Has this minor mod proven popular on the newer model? Ta for the heads up - I'll have look around to see this buyer info but if anyone wants to discuss, send me a message. Mid-2012, 40k miles (approx), michelin super sports all round, EBC red stuff brake pads, scorpion cat bypass pipes, full audi service history etc.

No brake squeal issue Marcus

In fact I find the 8V brake setup is superb.

Hi,

I upgraded from Mk1 to Mk2 in Muthos and haven't looked back either. However I do have brake squeal and it's becoming annoying AGAIN but we all know the local fix so not a real issue...yet!

Those of you with brake squeal did you bed in the brakes straight after delivery ?

This is something I always do and don't have any issues with squeal or 'part disc' usage. Very few dealers tell you about this but its very simple, first clear road on collection journey home accelerate to around 70, brake hard but not so ABS comes on, down to 30 then repeat a few times, works for me.

Reactions: 45bvtc, Eigdoog and T-800
Those of you with brake squeal did you bed in the brakes straight after delivery ?

This is something I always do and don't have any issues with squeal or 'part disc' usage. Very few dealers tell you about this but its very simple, first clear road on collection journey home accelerate to around 70, brake hard but not so ABS comes on, down to 30 then repeat a few times, works for me.

I bedded mine in straight away.........no issues whatsoever up to now......:grinning:

I'm in the process of doing the same upgrade. Looking forward to it!

My RS3 is available for sale if anyone is interested, late 2012 with 17K miles on it, spec in the sig :)

Reactions: T-800