Considering buying at 2008 MK2 TTS - Advice needed.

ChrisHESussexk

Reaction score
Hi everyone..

I wonder if you could help advise me on what to watch out for when buying a used mk2 tts 2008 plate.

The cars done 64k and seems to have been well serviced and looked after .. has new brakes/clutch/PCV valve and haldex pump as well as a few years ago the cambelt/water pump .. so seems like a good un..

Just interested if anyone can help me out with what to budget/ expect if I purchase it and if its essentially a sound buy for around 11k.

Cheers

Chris

Hi everyone..

I wonder if you could help advise me on what to watch out for when buying a used mk2 tts 2008 plate.

The cars done 64k and seems to have been well serviced and looked after .. has new brakes/clutch/PCV valve and haldex pump as well as a few years ago the cambelt/water pump .. so seems like a good un..

Just interested if anyone can help me out with what to budget/ expect if I purchase it and if its essentially a sound buy for around 11k.

Cheers

Chris

Check it’s had it’s fuel pump cam follower changed.

EA113 engines are known for this.

fe4b36ea6b1006e6849002f55a9f13b8.jpg

Ok super will do thanks.. any idea if it hasn't how much it costs to do this? Or when it's normally due? Cheers Chris

I had a tts, got it remapped and it was running 319bhp.....loved the car. Clutches can fail when remapped if your looking at doing this. Cam follower kit from awesome is £50 and a dead easy 30 min job to do from top of engine.

I do miss my TTS

Gaz

Cheers Gaz.. this car has just had an uprated sachs comp clutch and flywheel so hopefully be good for a few years yet.. will get the cam follower checked tho.. cheers

Did you buy it? I’m looking for a new car at the moment and really drawn to a TTS but feels like a real gamble.

Hi Smeds.. Yes I did and glad I am too! A lot of car for a very fair price. I had it checked over by the guys at clickmechanic before i drove it and checked over the full history/receipts etc.. and I think thats the key. There are quite a few items that would need attention at this age/mileage so budget accordingly. This car recently had its Haldex unit, clutch and window regulators fixed and had two new tyres/refurbed wheels etc.. it also had paint protection film fitted so it still looks like new!! The TTS has so much grip and more than enough power.. plus it feels that little bit more special than a mk3 standard one.. happy hunting!!

11 grand is a tad steep for a 2008 TTS with 64 K so i would expect it to be perfect, enjoy.